Chapter:3

They didn't move closer to me until Percy nodded. I tried sitting still as the first one came up to me. He crouched down lower than me. "Hi. I'm Luca." He said. I could tell he had an accent. It sounded Italian. "May I know your name?" He asked. "Austin." I answered quietly. "No need to be shy none of us are going to hurt you." He said. Definitely Italian.

"Sei sicuro(are you sure)?" I asked. "Sì. Sono sicuro(yes. I'm sure)." He answered. He is. I shifted in my seat. The other guy was just observing behind him. Luca caught my gaze. "Non ti farà del male, angelo(he won't hurt you angel)." Luca said. I looked at the only one that didn't say anything.

Luca moved over and sat down in the floor next to me. Percy and Jackson were gazing between me and the guy. "Would you like to know his name?" Percy asked. I shifted in my seat. He looked intimidating. "No need to tell her my name, Perce, I can manage just fine." The guy said.

I fidgeted. Luca touched my calf. I jumped when he did. He tried it again, this time I didn't jump. The other guy sat down in a chair near me. "Matthew Taylor. What they didn't tell you is their full names. Percy James. Jackson Bowson. Luca Jilani. You'll meet the fifth guy if you stick around long enough." Matthew said.

The four of them were just sitting there watching me. None of them tried to force me into anything. "Would you like to stay for a meal?" Percy asked. I shifted in my seat again. "It won't be poisoned." He said. I shifted once more. "Maybe meet up with us tomorrow in a public place?" Jackson asked. "Right." Percy looked up at me directly. "Don't want to scare you away before you get to know us better." He said.

"It should be easy for you to find your house from here Austin." Jackson said standing, staying a distance still. I nodded. "I'll lead her out." Luca said standing. He held out his hand. I fumbled with my hands before taking it. He then led the way to the door grabbing my backpack.

He opened the door letting me step outside first. He followed closing the door behind him. Then followed me to my truck. Before I could open the door he opened it and let me get in. "We won't try anything to hurt you Angelo. As far as we know, no one wants a bird of your talent. I can tell that the other three here along with myself will try to help you in anyway we can and keep you safe from harm when need be." Luca said as we stood next to my truck.

"Should have gotten your number for meeting up with you in the future." He said. I got up into the driver seat and got into the glove compartment getting a piece of paper and pen. I wrote my number down before handing it to him. "I'll let them see it. I hope you'll give us a chance Angelo." He said. I nodded. He handed me my bag. I took it and set it in the passenger seat. He closed the door as I started my truck.

He stepped back watching as I pulled out of the drive. I went back the way we entered then found my way to my neighborhood. I used street signs as navigation in case I had to go back that way to get to that house again. It may take some time to get used to them if they truly want me in their team.