Chapter:20

The guys I could tell were tense at this new guy. Jackson was the only one that wasn't. That's what made me comfortable around this guy. "Percy could I talk to you out in the hall?" Jackson asked. Percy stood and followed Jackson to the hall. Leaving the other two right beside me.

I could tell what they were thinking. 'He's going to try something.' 'I don't like how comfortable Jackson and Austin looked with him in here.' After a few more negative thoughts read from them, I popped them both. Matthew looked shocked. Luca didn't say anything, only resting his head on my shoulder.

Silent forgiveness. My phone rang from beside me. I answered the FaceTime call Zach. "How are you doing princess?" "Keeping these two in line. How much longer are you going to be gone?" I asked him. "I'm on a flight back now. The guy I was speaking with understood after I told him what happened. He said he'd meet up again with me at a later date when I can." He said.

"Ok." I said. "About to land in Charleston. I'll be at the hospital in about an hour." He said. "I'll be waiting." I said. He blew a kiss through the screen before hanging up. Percy and Jackson came back into the room. "Could I speak with Luca and Matthew?" Percy asked. They both reluctantly got up and followed Percy out. "Any pain?" Jackson asked. "Around my knee and hip." I said.

He gently felt around my hip. "Mind if I?" He asked gesturing to the clothes covering it. I nodded. He lifted my shirt with one hand and pulled my pants and underwear down with the other just enough to see if there was any bruising. "I don't see any bruising on the outside right now sweetheart. It's a red splotch for now." Jackson said. "I'll see if Zach can run by the house before coming here." I said.

"For more comfortable clothes?" Jackson asked as he sat down next to my left leg. I nodded. "Tell him to grab a pair of Percy's sweatpants and one of your long sleeve shirts. This place gets cold." He said. "How long will I be here?" I asked. "Two days at the most. It won't be too bad. I'll stay on call just for you at night." He said. I nodded. "Go ahead and text Zach to bring you some comfy clothes. We'll get you set up with a pain killer." Jackson said.

I nodded and texted him. "Hope you get to feeling better pumpkin." Cade said before having to leave. "He is the last guy that is needing a team." Jackson said. "He didn't seem like the others." I said. "Think you two could get along?" He asked. "If the guys are willing to." I said. "That's what Percy is talking to them about. I told him how I felt about him joining our team. He's not a bad guy. Only a little birdshy. We got to talking the other day, and I found out that he was willing to work with a bird as long as there was only one, and more than three dogs with her.

"It's a rarity still for a bird to be working on a team with dogs." He explained. "Even if you guys are family to me?" I asked. "Yeah. They could still try to get you to move to an all bird team. Knowing your past, it could make you turn away from all kinds of males. Even the ones trying to help you." He said. "I'd rather be with you guys than some team of birds." I said.

"Good. I'll be right back with the pain medicine. They may allow morphine pills instead of the drip." He said before standing. The door opened revealing Zach with a bag. "I grabbed her some clothes as asked and some for when she leaves." He said. "Alright. I'll be back in a minute to help her out." Jackson said.