Chapter:12

Has anyone guessed what Jackson's occupation is?

After going through everything Jackson let me crawl into bed. "Night sweetheart. Get some sleep. If you need anything Zach will be in the room across from you, Percy and I will be in the room right next to you, and Matthew and Luca will be upstairs. We won't let anything happening to you. Your our bird. We'll do anything we can to keep you safe." He said.

I nodded. "If the others want to tell you good night, they'll come in and say a few things." He said before kissing my forehead. He stood before going to the light. "Are you cold? Need any blankets?" He asked. "Maybe one or two." I answered.

He went somewhere before coming back with two blankets. "These should be thick enough. If you need anymore ask any of us." He said as he spread the first one out on the bed. "Thank you." I said. "No problem sweetheart. See you in the morning or when I get off my shift tomorrow." He said. "And if I remember you have school. So set an alarm for thirty minutes less than what you had it set for at your house."

He turned the light off then went out. I curled up under the covers, still able to smell the cinnamon in the sheets. I was nearly asleep when I felt the other blanket moved over me. My arm was rubbed from on top of the covers. Then a brief kiss to my forehead. I was asleep in no time.

My alarm went off at the right time. I got up and turned the light on after closing the door. A set of clothes were laid out. I put them on then went to the bathroom. Something wafted from the kitchen. I went to the kitchen seeing Matthew cooking something on the stove. "Morning Austin. Sleep well?" He asked. I nodded. He put some food on a plate.

I sat down in the same spot as last night. He put the plate in front of me with a fork. Eggs. One bite and I had to admit that he could definitely cook. I ate as much as I could of them. When I was done I went to brush my teeth and gather my things.

"Here's your lunch baby." Matthew said just before Luca, Zach, and Percy came into the kitchen. I put it in my backpack. "Who's taking her?" Luca asked. "I can go myself." I said. "Be safe then. We'll see you this afternoon angelo." Luca said as I grabbed my keys. "I will." I said before walking out the door. I could possibly get used to this.

I got to the school and found a parking space. Then went inside. Several people passed me by not caring that I was there. When the first bell rang I was on my way to my first class. Hour after hour, I went to class after class. At lunch I found a quiet place to eat whatever Matthew packed for me. It wasn't bad, it was delicious.

Definitely going to have to tell him thank you for it. Then my afternoon classes went by quickly. When I got to the house I saw Matthew working on the suv in the garage. "How was school?" He asked. "Same everyday thing." I said. "How was lunch?" He asked. "It was good." I said. There was a slight smirk on his face.

"Take your stuff inside. Percy and Luca were watching a movie if you want to watch it with them, or if you have homework do it." He said as he continued on his work. I went straight to my room and decided to do homework. It was mostly science and history. I was nearly done when Percy poked his head in. "Doing homework?" He asked. "Yup. Almost done." I said.