thirteen.

"You know I was actually doubting if I should actually let you be with that boy, but it just proves more that you shouldn't even look at him." F/n said, you just sighed, "I was pretty pissed actually, I mean why would anyone say that about you." You said and she just grinned.

"I know right, I'm Fab." She said as she had violently flipped her hair, you just laughed as you watched her, "Alright, you go now." She said as she made gestures with her hands.

"What? You're not gonna accompany me?" You asked pouting, "Girl, my kdrama is about to start for about ten minutes, and I still have to walk home, I'd love to accompany you to your project and all but I'm pretty sure the episode ended on him cornering the girl yesterday." She said, sighing, you just shook your head.

"Aish, a kdrama between me?" You whined and she just nodded, "It's because I'm a true friend! See you tomorrow." She said as she walked away while she waved, leaving you dumbfounded in the corridors.

"Great, let's go the library alone." You said as you headed to the venue, walking through the silent halls, you were so sure, no student had stayed this late in school, you opened the heavy doors to the library, seeing as it was most likely empty.

You started on the first shelf you had laid your eyes on, immediately checking the titles by the spine, you had this project in history, more about Korea's history or something.

Your eyes had lit up as you saw a book about probably all the details that you need for the report, your hand landed on the spine, wanting to get it out but as soon as you did, your hand was below of someone else's, you slowly looked at the person as he was looking at the book, it was your classmate. Kim Namjoon.

"I-I'm sorry, I think you wanted this." You muttered as you retracted your hand and sighed as you searched for other books, you were pretty sure that book would have everything, you just wasted it, maybe you could find another book.

You sighed as you looked up, another book had set your eyes, this time, it was thicker, it looked like it had much more details than the other one, you nodded as you reached for the book, obviously failing as your height had deceived you, you even tried to tip toe, just to get that book.

As you were trying, you felt a body press against yours, you froze, an arm reached for your chosen book and had easily took it, you didn't feel the weight anymore as you looked to your side, he was smiling, "Sorry for getting your book earlier, here." He softly said as he reached the book to you.

You looked at him and then the book, you hated how that scene seemed so cliche, you sworn you had saw that in a kdrama or something, you hesitated to take the book but you did, "It's okay, I guess." You mumbled and quickly turned on your heel, planning to head to a table, you got stopped.

"Hey, since I've got your chosen book earlier, how about we share the facts and stuff, it would be easier to have a partner." He suggested and you sighed, were you really going to accept that offer? You remember how he's a friend of Jimin, but should you really affect the people around him? Wasn't Taehyung good? Jungkook was...well until he said those mean things about F/n.

"I-I guess?" You said, but more of a question, he smiled, showing his obvious dimples, he had led the way, he went to a table and you followed, you got your paper out and a pen.

The two of you started to work and it was helping, you didn't really think anything would be easier if there was a partner, "So you're Jungkook's seatmate?" He asked as he wrote down sentences, you just hummed as a response.

"I don't want to talk about the topic with you but I actually heard those two arguing yesterday, I mean they were pretty loud so I'm guessing every one of us heard it when we were in our rooms." He said and you looked at him.

"Jungkook was saying how it was Jimin's fault that you were ignoring him and Taehyung also said something yesterday, about yours and Jimin's past? I guess that makes sense now, the argument was about you so I guess they brought up about how you were Jimin's ex?" He said, hesitating to even finish.

You sighed, "So you probably think every friend of yours knows our past?" You quietly asked and he just hummed, "I know it might not be in my place but could you perhaps tell me the reason on why you're in bad terms with Jungkook?" He asked and you nodded.

"Well I'll start from the beginning, I guess since it's in the past, I guess I can tell it to someone." You said sighing, "Just as you said, Jimin is actually my ex, I found him cheating on me the next day he broke up with me, I felt so heartbroken, after that incident I had changed and I won't explain anymore," You paused as you wrote down more facts.

"Jungkook was the first boy I had made contact with since that incident, I felt like every boy was some kind of player and I didn't want to be involved with them, after discovering that Jungkook was Jimin's friend, F/n said that I should ignore him." You said.

"F/n actually told me that she was doubting about me ignoring Jungkook but yesterday he said that F/n was manipulating me, she had been by my side since I was a kid, I couldn't accept that, F/n said that I should ignore him because of that and I agree with that reason." You said as you closed your book.

"F/n said that I was only allowed to be close with Taehyung, but talking to you isn't that bad, shouldn't I be ignoring all of you?" You asked and he shook his head.

"One's fault shouldn't be the fault of others, look, I might be the only one who will say this to you but I promise you that closing yourself from others isn't the answer, think of it, he did something you didn't like, what was the fault of other people, nothing, right? I suggest you get rid of that lock in your heart because you're doing nothing but isolate yourself, if you want to feel better, I promise you that everything would feel better and lighter if you open yourself up, it's not a sin to try, it's not a sin to change." He said as he looked at you with obvious seriousness, he was right, in every aspect that is.

"Wow, real talk, I needed that, I didn't really see that side, I was too broken to even make any interaction to heal my heart, thanks Namjoon, I guess you made me see things clearer?" You said with a light laugh, "Holding on to something is never right, but letting go is better, you'll just feel so heavy if you keep holding on to that grudge." He finished as he smiled.

"Thanks for that Namjoon, even my friend couldn't say that to me, but I don't know if I should forgive Jimin and Jungkook yet, I know I should let go but I think it'll need more time for them." You said and he just smiled, "That's alright, give them time to apologize, it's true that they did do something so they have to act for themselves." He said and you nodded.

"Wow, I actually just expected some project getting done with the smartest boy in class but I get this life changing advice?" You said with a smile and he just grinned, showing more of his dimples.

"I'm glad I could help." He said as he placed a hand on your shoulder.

-
Edited🌴