forty two.

- time skip of months -

"You excited Jungkookie?" Taehyung grinned, drinking the banana milk that he got from you this morning. Jungkook just rose his brow, shrugging as he let Taehyung shake him.

"Jiminnie is confessing today! And if she says yes then their first day as a couple would be spent together with your birthday!" Taehyung's boxy grin showed as Jungkook just smiled, happy that his hyung finally found the girl that would make him happy.

"This girl better not hurt hyung, who is she anyway?" Jungkook asked as he finally closed his locker, looking at Taehyung with curiousness. Tae laughed, "Of course she won't hurt him, why would y/n hurt Jiminnie?" Jungkook's smile dropped.

"They're a couple?" He whispered.

"Well of course not yet since Jimin is going to confess this day, but hey, wouldn't it be nice if y/n accepts his confession? You left real early this morning so you couldn't see Jiminnie being all nervous." Tae laughed, walking outside as Jungkook was frozen in place.

He didn't want his Friday to end this way, he didn't want to hear that Jimin was going to confess this day. He didn't want to feel sadness on his birthday.

"No, they can't be together, right? I haven't even-" Jungkook ran, sure he was being a child about this but his heart wrenched in so much pain that he couldn't handle it. He wanted to be happy for his Jimin hyung, but he couldn't, just the thought of the two of you in his head, makes him feel light headed.

He ran as tears flowed across his face, he ran because his problems were eating him, he ran because he wanted to stay away from the fact that there was a possibility, Jimin and you would go back together.

She fell in love with him once, it can happen twice. He thought.

The more his thoughts ate him, the more his heart ached, the more his tears flowed and the more his legs grew sore.

The next thing he knew, he felt an aching sensation on his leg and had landed down on the ground, the concrete grazed his bare skin as he looked at his leg. Blood, blood was oozing from his scraped leg, he groaned in frustration. He hated how his birthday was like this.

He hated how his special day became the day that would shatter his heart.

He felt numb, he couldn't care less if his leg was bleeding, all he felt was a pain from his heart and an imaginary shatter of the heart. His blood was mixed with his tears as he looked at an empty space. "Jungkook-ah?!" He heard a voice.

He hated how he would always succumb to that certain voice. He felt weak and always unable to stand properly when that voice rang his ears. His eyes landed on you, your horrified face to see him in such a state. He remembered why he was running and tears were increased than before.

Your heart broke seeing him so vulnerable, you could feel your hands tremble as his blood coated his uniform, you took slow steps as tears were building in your eyes.

"Why did this happen?" You asked shakily as your knees landed on the ground, your lips quivering and your eyes filled with complete worry.

"Stay away from me! Just go and leave me alone! I'm used to it anyways.." He trailed off, "What's been happening to you Jungkook? You were fine earlier weren't you? Now tell me why this happened!" You blurted out as your tears stained your pale cheeks.

He didn't want to look at you, but he did, and his heart just ached more as he watched your tears go down. "Just go away, I don't need you, I can manage so just leave me alone-"

Silence filled the air as you embraced him, you didn't care if blood was now staining your clothes, he closed his eyes, finding comfort in your hold. "What's going on Kook?" He sighed, finding that certain happiness as you said his nickname.

"I'm just sad, I hate how you're seeing me like this." He honestly said and you hugged him tighter. "Nonsense, why are you sad on your birthday, I want you to be happy, seeing you broken, breaks me." You said and his heart started beating again.

"I don't know why you're sad but I hate it when you guys are like this, I just want all of you to be happy and know that I'm here. I'm here Kookie, I'm right here." You whispered and his arms made it's way around your waist, hugging you back as tears spilled out of his eyes.

"Thank you, for always being there, thank you for being here by my side." He said as he buried his face onto your neck, feeling his problems go away when you were simply there, holding him.

-

His hand lost grip of the bouquet of flowers that he held, his lips were quivering as he saw the scene that unfolded in front of him. He bit his lip as he wanted to cry, he wanted anybody to comfort him like how you comforted Jungkook. But sadly you weren't there for him but for Jungkook.

He wanted his Namjoon hyung to be by his side and hug him, to tell him that everything was going to be alright, that even if his heart was broken, he could still find happiness. But there was no one, the more he watched the two of you, the more his heart had ached.

He took one last glance as he walked away. At that day of supposed happiness, was where he found sadness instead. He let his heart shatter like what happened to you way back then.

I deserve this, if only I hadn't broke her heart, then mine wouldn't be shattered now.

_
I was supposed to update yesterday because it was Jungkook's birthday but I forgot about it and just updated my other book heh.

I didn't proof read, so please excuse my writing, thanks!