Taken (last part)

When Mark woke up it was probably four thirty in the morning and after grabbing his phone and checking the time he could confirm it was in fact four in the morning. He groaned and looked around, he had almost forgotten he had been saved by Belle, for a second it was a surprise when he didn't wake up on the cold concrete floor of the building.

It was nice and cool in his room, the window wasn't open but he did have a fan in the corner of the room which helped a little with keeping the room from being too warm. He noticed a warmth pressed against his side and looked next to him seeing Katherine, she looked very peaceful in her sleep, he smiled.

He gently kissed her forehead and pet her hair, she moved a little in her sleep and started to wake up.

"Mark?" Katherine spoke quietly and rubbed her eyes then looked at him. She stared at him surprised, even though she had seen him earlier when he was asleep it was still a shock seeing him.

"Hey Katherine.." Mark smiled at her, he could tell his eyes were watering but he hoped she didn't notice. It was amazing to see her after a month and a half, it was amazing to be next to her and feel her hand in his, she made him feel safe and happy.

Even though it was dark in his room Mark could see the giant grin on Katherine's face, she carefully hugged him and he wrapped his uninjured arm around her.

"I missed you so much! I was so worried and scared but now you're here and you're okay and I'm so glad you're alive" Katherine said as tears fell down her face, she wiped them and held Mark close.

Mark held Katherine as he also started to cry "I was so scared I was never going to see you again..I tried to stay positive but I was so scared and I honestly thought I'd die there without ever seeing you again.." he said and looked at her.

Katherine gently put her hands on Mark's cheeks "I was scared too Mark..but guess what? We're strong, no matter what life has thrown at us we're still alive and no matter what happens I'll stay by your side because I you to be happy..I want both of us to be happy" she said.

Mark nodded "and I'm happy with you..so I'll stay by your side okay? And no matter what I'll always love you" he said.

Katherine nodded and gently kissed him, Mark grinned and kissed her happily.

They continued to kiss and eventually pulled away and just looked at each other, enjoying the presence of each other after being away from each other for a month and a half.

"Sorry..it's my own fault I got kidnapped.." Mark said and looked down.

"Mark it's not your fault, yeah maybe you shouldn't of run off alone when it was dark but you didn't want to be kidnapped! You didn't do anything okay? Don't worry" she hugged him and kissed his cheek.

Mark nodded and kissed her again, he wasn't sure what to do, he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, suddenly his stomach growled.

Katherine giggled "you hungry?" She looked at him.

Mark nodded and smiled at her "yeah..uh sorry if i woke you up, you can go back to bed if you want and I'll just get myself some food.." he said.

Katherine shook her head "no I'm not really tired..come on" she got out of bed and held out her hand, once he grabbed her hand she went downstairs with him to the kitchen.

Mark got himself a cup of water and made a sandwich, he grabbed some cherries from the fridge. He walked to the living room and sat on the couch, Katherine followed and sat next to him.

He ate his sandwich and Katherine rested her head against his shoulder, she took a cherry and ate it.

They sat in silence for awhile which Mark didn't mind, he was just happy to be back with Katherine so even if they were in complete silence it was okay.