a/n

this is my favourite story that i have ever written. deadass. i really love the way i wrote it and the plot, it makes my heart warm.

anyways, i decided to explain the actual thing in my own eyes (the authors).

ok, so, brad and tristan met in high school, fall in love, super cliché and soft. tristan is the first one to confess to brad his love, despite bradley usually being the one to talk about his feelings.

as they got older, after high school, tristan began showing signs of cancer- nosebleeds, tiredness etc. he eventually fainted one day and the two boys went to the doctors to see what was wrong.

tristan was diagnosed with leukaemia, and the two had to pay for the treatment to cure him because when tristan came out to his parents in high school, they kicked him out and stopped paying for anything he needed.

tris underwent chemotherapy but the results came negative, and his body was failing on him.

after awhile, brad was going mad. he couldn't believe the news, so even after his soulmate died, he refused to accept it.

he had to move in with connor because of how he was handling the situation. he couldn't continue his life alone so he needed support from his friends 24/7.

the most heartbreaking thing for him though was that the two were always making promises about growing old together, and staying together to have children (as read in previous chapters).

technically, tristan stayed with brad until he died, and brad never got over it so he ended up never moving on because he was hallucinating.

so, tristan is always going to be in brads memories. forever.

none of these chapters are in order of their relationship, and it was sort of a risky move for me because after i wrote that tristan died the next chapter had them together. i know it might've been confusing but hopefully this cleared it all up.

this story probably isn't even in any bodies libraries anymore but whatever haha.

++ the only chapter brad was hallucinating was in the final x