Chapter 7 - The Move

I waited until late. Nobody was around. I climbed slowly down the tree, again, using the wall to steady myself. I walked to the edge of the town and then jumped over a small fence. I was away. Away from the town, i was in the countryside. I walked through the fields and once i saw a road sign i looked to see how much further it was. Thankful i only had 1 mile left and it was still dark. When i entered the outskirts of town i couldn't use the allyways and shortcuts because i only knew the way by the roads. The street lights were on and a few glimmers of sun light peered between buildings.It was early morning so i ran before i was seen.

I found their house and stood outside to catch my breath. Then knocked a few times on the door. My Grandma opened the door and welcomed me. She was pleased but suprised. I could tell she didn't know i had run away. She welcomed me into the sitting room where grandpa was wait for breakfast. We had a brief conversation. Breakfast was served at the kitchen table i joined in. We had a disscussion about me but then they asked why i was alone. I sat in silence, worried i would be told to leave. Grandpa  told me to have a shower whilst they tidied up. I did as i was told. In the shower i decided it was not safe here. They would phone my parents to say i was here. Was it time to return home? should i stay? My mind was full of questions without answers.