Chapter 8 - Choose...

I got into my clean clothes and returned to the sitting room. I sat down and listened to the radio with my grandpa. I was certain that he knew something. But he only showed the same sign. He kept looking back at me to check i was there. We all had lunch and then we played scrabble.I lost. For dinner we had a homemade pie and mash potato. Afterwards grandma set up the spare bedroom so that i could have a comfortable nights sleep.

I had a comfortable nights sleep but i had to get home. I had to see my parents. I knew they would be furious about what i had done but also so happy i was back. I packed up my belongings and had breakfast with Grandma. I said i had to go home but she wouldn't let me. She said ' its not safe in the open world you are only 11' She finished tidying up and went out shopping. So i found Grandpa outside and he said ' if you really want to leave you can, but always remember, we are here for you. Pop in anytime you feel like. We are nearly always at home. See you in the summer.' Grandpa then made me a box full of food. I was glad otherwise i would starve. Now it was raining so he held me back inside.

I was fine with it though. As long as Grandma didn't arrive. The rain had stopped but grandpa didn't want me to catch buses and walk home so he put my stuff in the boot of his car and then we got in. He drove me to the outskirts of town. On the way i ate some of the food he had made me. I got out of the car took my stuff and said farewell. His car drove off in the distance. It was now raining so i put my umbrella up. This helped because nobody could see my face very well.I was a short walk to my home from here so i walked quickly so i could get home as soon as possible. I turned a corner to see...