Silly clock!

Briing, bringgggg!

My alarm clock rang and i hit it to shut it off! "Haha," I said to myself. "That'll teach you, silly clock."

I stretched and yawned. It was 7 AM. Time to wake up for school!

I got up and got dressed in a black band shirt and skinny jeans then i put on cute high-tops that went up to my knees and i put on some foundation and mascara and lipgloss then i let my hair down and ate breakfast!

I was sitting on facebook while i ate a bowl of Lucky Charms. The school year was ending and I was super excited to enter high school soon.

Yep, that's right. I, Abby Turco, was almost finished with eighth grade.

...

When I got to school I sat down alone before class started. I didn't have any friends, kinda because I was new here and kinda because I don't get along with normal people. (Author's note— :/ middle school is weird!)

Sometimes I wondered if there was anything more than this, anything beyond scrolling and checking my likes...if I would ever belong...what would high school bring me?

...

I walked to 3rd period later holding my textbooks and binder. I was listening to music in my headphones and I walked up to my locker. I started to put in my combination and once I got through it (4-20-69) I put my books away.

I checked my reflection, reapplied lipgloss, and blew myself a kiss in the mirror. I heard someone's voice behind me.

"Hey Abby."

I blushed. "Oh my god, hi!"

It was Brad — the Knox A-team football star and major hottie!

"Hey babe, you're emo, right?"

"Uh, yeah." I tucked a strand of hair innocently behind my ear. "Why do you ask?"

"Well," he coughed and it was super sexy. "I found this and thought you might like it." He handed me an envelope. "I thought we could go together."

"Really?!" I looked at the envelope and it said ABBY in scratchy eighth-grade-boy handwriting. "Oh my god, I'm so excited! I so want to go. Let me look-"

"Sorry, babe, I've gotta go. Can't be late to pre-algebra."

When I looked up, he was gone. I put away the envelope and decided to open it at lunch.

He was so, so cute! I wondered what it could be.