Color guard?!

"What's color guard?" One girl asked. She had curly brown hair and lace up boots with purple laces up boots.

"I'm glad you asked," Jo said.

"We call ourselves color guard because we protect non-vampires — we call them 'colors' because we're all dead and really pale and they seem vibrant by comparison." Said Sara.

"We're the good guys," said Kenzie. "But there's other vampires that take advantage of colors because of their superhuman good looks and manipulation powers."

"Usually, they're famous. They target preteens and teenage girls through cringey thirst music." Sara looked somber. "And no one's the wiser. But we have to save the innocents."

"Ok thats cool" payton said. "So whats up with this vampire thing?"

"The bad vampires are strongest during concert season so we need to wait until September to attack. In the meantime, we train. You can turn back now if you want and we can make you alive again but we'd rather you stay." Said Jo.

One person raised their hand. "I dont like being dead," she said.

"Ok then no summer band for you." Said jo and Sara came and brought that girl to a different room to bring her back to life and erase her memory.

"There will be consequences," said jo. "No social life. No free time. You'll crave human flesh. No time for naps."

"But saving the world is worth it," said Kenz confidently. "The preteens need us!"

I thought about it. I can go back to my past life, with no friends, no fun, and high school, or...i could be a vampire. The only thing holding me back was Brad. I wondered if he was ok. Did he ever go to the concert?

"There is a perk!" Said sara, walking back in after dropping the other girl off in a ditch somewhere. "You look totally badass," she pointed to a spot on her thigh where there were teeth marks with a few black veins around it. Not as big as the ones on my arm.

Jo pointed to her neck and kenzie pointed to her shoulder and they had the same marks. It did look badass.

A wave of "ooooo" passed through the crowd.

"So what'll it be, new recruits?" Said jo.

Hmm. I thought hard. I think...

Lauren leaned forward. "Abby, are you gonna stay?"

"Yes!"

She clapped! "Yay! You are so gonna love being in color guard."

She was so gonna be my best friend! Then we high fived and i said "ow" because my arm still hurt.

"Welcome to color guard!" She beamed.