Boat Ride (Edited)

As we followed, Mr. Wonka along the chocolate river, I noticed a Pink candy boat rounding the corner. It was manned by a rowing crew of Oompa-Loompas, this time dressing in blue uniforms. One Oompa-Loompa was at the front of the boat keeping time on a drum. The boat stopped, and they laughed.

"What's so funny?" Violet asked.

"I think it's from all those doggone cocoa beans," Mr. Wonka replied, "Hey, by the way, did you guys know, that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins?" He glanced at me, "Gives one the feeling of being in love." I blushed.

"You don't say," Mrs. Beauregard said flirtatiously. Mr. Wonka smiled awkwardly, and I glared at her, taking his hand back in mine.

"All aboard." Everyone climbed into the boat, Charlie and I sat in the back by Mr. Wonka. "Onward." The Oompa-Loompa started to bang on the drum, and the boat moved forward.

"Here," Mr. Wonka said, getting a spoonful of chocolate from the river and handing it to me, "Try some of this. It'll do you good. You both look starved to death." I took a small sip, then passed the rest to Charlie.

"It's great," I told him.

"That's because it's mixed by waterfall," he said then turned to the rest of the group, "The waterfall is most important," I realized he had already said this but didn't want to be rude, so I said nothing, "It mixes the chocolate, churns it up makes it light and frothy. Uh, by the way, no other factory in the world..."

"You already said that," Veruca interrupted. Mr. Wonka paused for a moment.

"You're all quite short, aren't you?" he asked. I held back my laughter.

"Well, yeah, we're children," Violet answered.

"Well, that's no excuse," he replied, "I was never as short as you."

"You were once," Mike said like it was apparent.

"Was not! Know why? Because I distinctly remember putting a hat on top of my head." I smiled imagining a child Willy Wonka wearing a giant hat. "Look at your short little arms you could never reach." He giggled at the end.

"Do you even remember what it was like being a kid?" Charlie asked curiously.

"Oh, boy, do I." He replied with a smile. But then the smile faltered, "Do I?" He then zoned out again, as if remembering something. I picked up his hand and gently squeezed it.

"Mr. Wonka? Mr. Wonka," Charlie said pulling him out of his thoughts, "We're headed for a tunnel."

"Oh, yeah." He blinked a few times. "Uh- full speed ahead."

"How can they see where they're going?" Violet asked.

"They can't. There's no way of knowing where they're going. Switch on the lights."

The boat went down as the lights came on. I squeaked, my eyes widening. I grabbed tighter onto Mr. Wonka, without realizing it. When we slowed down, I quickly noticed how tight my grip was, and let go.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"It's fine," he responded, wrapping an arm around me. I glanced up at him, but he just smiled. "People," he said, "keep an eye out. We're passing some very important rooms here." We passed by rooms labeled coffee cream, clotted cream, and hair cream? Well, he does have nice hair.

"What do you use hair cream for?" Mrs. Beauregard asked, looking back at us she glanced at his hand.

"To lock in moisture," Wonka replied, laughing, and fluffing his hair. I giggled, causing Mrs. Beauregard to glare at me more. He pulled me closer to him.

We passed by a room with the door open. Inside was a cow and Oompa-Loompas whipping it. "Whipped cream," both me and Charlie said, laughing.

"Precisely," Mr. Wonka laughed too.

"That doesn't make sense," Veruca said.

"For your information, little girl, whipped cream isn't whipped cream at all till it's been whipped with whips. Everybody knows that." The boat sped up again, and I tensed up. Mr. Wonka noticed this and rubbed my arm helping me relax. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "I'm fine. I'm just not a fan of boats." I turned to look at him, surprised by how close he was. "I could get used to it though," I whispered, my face red. I turned away and noticed that Violet's mom was watching us. Mr. Wonka pressed his lips to my head, as the boat slowed down again.

"Stop the boat." Willy Wonka called out, "I want to show you guys something." Somehow, he managed to hold my hand, and he didn't let go until we got into the room.

A/N:

This is probably going to be my last update for a while. I currently have no privacy right now, and my family doesn't seem to understand that just because my bedroom has no door doesn't mean they can waltz in here whenever they feel like it.

Basically, whenever someone walks by/in my room, I get nervous about them reading over my shoulder. I'm getting a door eventually, allegedly sometime this month, but until then, my accounts will be on temporary hiatus. Sorry.