The Beginning (Edited)

Just as cold as it was beautiful, snow fell lightly on the little rundown house

Just as cold as it was beautiful, snow fell lightly on the little rundown house. A faint light shown from the windows. Inside, lived a family that was way too large for this small home. This was the Bucket home, housing eight people. Mr. and Mrs. Bucket slept in a small area covered by just a curtain. Grandpa Joe, Grandma Josephine, Grandpa George, and Grandma Georgina, all stay in a bed in the center of what would be the living room. Upstairs was a small loft where Charlie and his older sister, Amandah, stayed. It was cramped, to say the least, but they made the best of it, and at night they would stare out of the hole in the ceiling at the top of Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory.

"I don't understand this," I muttered under my breath. "I did it exactly how it's supposed to be done. Why is the answer wrong?"

"Tell me about it," Charlie replied, taking the paper and trying the math equation again.

"Evening, Bucket's," Mr. Bucket greeted, snow blowing into the room as he entered.

"Hi, Dad," Charlie responded. I looked down at my watch.

"Shoot," I said. "I'm late for work." I grabbed my bag off the back of my chair. "I'll see you in the morning." I knew everyone would be asleep later that night. "Finish your homework, Charlie, I'll check it in the morning."

"Yes, ma'am," Charlie replied, causing me to laugh. I gave him a brief hug and ran out the door.