Staying With Willy (edited)

Willy and I talked for a long time after I told him about my family. Just about random things. Then we fell into a comfortable silence. "Willy?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He replied, playing with a lock of my hair.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Why don't you want to go back to your house?"

"It's too far," I said, giggling.

"Not really it's just a few steps to the elevator and..." he said the distances, while I gave him a look, "okay, fine, you can stay."

"Yay!" I jumped up off the couch and hugged him.

"I don't understand how you can go from tired to jumpy and excited in less than a second."

"Neither do I," I laughed.

"Come on."

"Where are we going?" I asked letting go of him.

"Well, I don't think you want to sleep in your day clothes."

"Done it before."

"I know and I don't want you to ever do it again." Willy took me to his room.

"I forgot how big your bed was," I said. I heard him laugh, nervously. He then went and got me something to wear.

"I don't think anything else I have will fit you." He handed me his shirt. "You don't mind, right?"

"I don't mind," I replied, "I'll be out in a minute." I went into the bathroom, changing into his shirt. When I was done, I folded my clothes and left them on the shelf, and left the room.

Willy had removed his jacket, shoes, and vest, and was left in his paisley undershirt and dress pants. He seemed to be struggling to get his "W" pin off, even though he had probably removed it billions of times. "Do you need help with that?" I asked.

"No, I got it," he replied.

"Okay," I said, going over and sitting on the bed, slowly sinking in. A few moments later, he was still struggling, so I got up and went to help him. "Let me see." I reached up and started working on the clasp, quickly noticing that he had gotten the closing part of it caught on the threads of his shirt. I fixed the threads, then took the pin off, handing it to him.

"Thanks," he whispered, setting it on the dresser.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You're not acting like yourself, and I was wondering why," I explained, "Is it because I asked to stay with you tonight?"

"No, it's just, with what's happening. I thought you would want to be with your family."

"Willy, you are a part of my family," I replied, "Besides, do you know how many questions Charlie's going to ask?"

"Did you ever tell him anything?"

"No, I didn't think it mattered. He knew I was adopted and he couldn't say certain words around me but that was it. Was that all that was bugging you?"

"Well, we've been together for almost a month now, and we've only had one date."

"But we see each other, every day, almost all day."

"I know but that's when I'm working, and usually Charlie's around."

"I get your point," I replied laughing, it was hard to share 'moments' while Charlie was around, especially since it was summer break now.