Blueberry (Edited)

"Hey, Mr

"Hey, Mr. Wonka, what's this?" asked Violet. She was standing next to a tank with colorful balls in it.

"Oh!" Willy replied, going over to the tank, "Let me show you!" An Oompa-Loompa handed him a red ball. "Thank you!" Charlie gave me an expecting look.

"I'll tell you when we get home," I said, turning my attention back to Willy.

"These are Everlasting Gobstoppers," Willy explained, "They're for children who are given very little allowance money. You can suck on it all year, and it'll never get any smaller. Isn't that neat?"

"It's like gum," Violet stated.

"No. Gum is for chewing. And if you tried chewing one of these gobstoppers, you'd break all your little teeth off." Willy looked at the candy, "They sure do taste terrific." He put the gobstopper back in the tank and walked over to another machine. "And this is hair toffee," he picked up the toffee showing it to us, "You suck down one of these little boogers, and in exactly half an hour, a brand-new crop of hair will start growing out of all over the top of your little noggin. And a mustache. And a beard."

"Who wants a beard?" Mike asked.

"People who want beards," I replied. Willy grinned at me.

"Unfortunately, the mixture isn't quite right yet, 'cause and Oompa Loompa tried some yesterday, and well, he..." As if on cue, an Oompa Loompa, that resembled Cousin Itt, walked up to us. I held back a laugh. "How are you today?" Willy asked him. He gave two thumbs up, "You look great!"

Willy showed us some other machines, somehow grabbing my hand in the process. I wonder if he realizes how much this makes Mrs. Beauregarde glare at me, I thought. He pulled a lever. "Watch this!" he exclaimed, running to the other side of the machine.

"I thought you said no running," I told him.

"Shhh!" The machine made noise and lit up. Eventually, a stick of gum popped out. Violet, of course, took it.

"You mean that's it?" Mike asked.

"Do you even know what "it" is?"

"It's gum," Violet stated.

"Yeah, it's a stick of the most amazing and sensational gum in the whole universe. Know why? Know why?" He got more and more excited as he went on.

"Why?" I asked playing along.

"'Cause this gum is a full three-course dinner all by itself." Willy grinned like a child would when they've accomplished something.

"Why would anyone want that?" Mr. Salt asked.

"Uh..." Willy dropped my hand and pulled out his cards again flipping through them, "It will be the end of all kitchens and all cooking. Just a little strip of Wonka's magic chewing gum and that is all you will ever need, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This piece of gum happens to be tomato soup, roast beef, and blueberry pie."