Chapter 6

It was 12:30. Everyone was asleep and the house was quiet with the exception of my father's snoring. I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling which had glow in the dark stick on stars on it. I remember on my 5th birtday my dad got them for me and I was so excited. I hung them up with him and I turned off all the lights and pretended I was an astronaut. My mom then came home and told me only guys should be astronauts. Needless to say, I've always gotten along with my dad better. I got up and walked over to my dresser and looked at the pictures I had resting in frames. There was a picture of Riley and I when we were younger. It was put in a frame made out of popsicle sticks and glued on macaroni. The next was Alex and I when I was just born. He was holding me with this massive smile on his face; he looked so proud. There was also a picture of me with my parents; I had just lost my first tooth and there was a massive gap in my smile. I chuckled at me cheeky grin and then looked at the clock; 12:57. I put a letter that I wrote to my parents on my bed. It explained basically everything. Where I'd be, what I'd be doing, not to worry, etc. I looked out my window and saw that Calum's car had just pulled up out front. He turned the headlights off and shone a flashlight and flickered it three times. That was our signal. I flung open the window and threw my bag out and it thumped on the floor. There was a ledge next to my window and I jumped out onto it. I looked back at my room. The pink walls and bedding were still the same from when I turned twelve. The stuffed bear I had on the shelf, I got when I was first born. I looked around and thought of all the memories I had here. I held back tears as I shut the window. There was another little ledge a few feet next to my window which was lower so I jumped off of my ledge and onto the other. From there, I could easily get down onto the floor with only a small jump, which I did. I grabbed my bag from the floor and ran to Calum's car. I jumped in and threw my bag in the back.

"Hey." I said as I kissed him.

"Ready?" He asked looking at me, it was dark but I could see his brown eyes and they sparkled.

"Yeah." I said looking at my house as Calum drove away. Earlier I asked Calum if he could drive me to the train station. He agreed and thats where we were headed. At least thats what I thought.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we drove past the train station.

"I'm running away with you." He simlply said.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm running away with you. Its not a very hard concept."

"But, why?"

"Because I love you Scarlette. Thats why." He said, "Now, guess where we are going."

"I don't know... " I said, my voice trailing off as I was tired.

"Go to sleep and you'll see when you wake up." He said.

"But I don't want to sleep." I said while yawning. I rubbed my eyes and Calum put on the radio and played 'She's a Rebel' by Green Day. I leaned my chair back and looked out the sun roof in the ceiling. The stars were beautiful, like the ones in my bedroom, except these were real. Yes, I've always looked at the stars but I've never really took the time to appreciate it. I should go stargazing more often. Calum took my hand in his as he drove with one hand, and I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------

When I woke up it was bright out and we were still driving. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Morning." I said while yawning and stretching.

"Hey, I thought you'd never get up." I looked at the clock. It was noon.

"Have you been driving this entire time?" I asked.

"No, we stopped and stayed in a motel."

"Was I awake? I don't remember it."