Blank

I wake up. All is peaceful. I stare into space, ejoying how peaceful this world is, before focusing on the other world. I don't see Manx for one, which is a bit strange.

I feel like I am missing something. What happened yesterday? 

I was adventuring. I knocked out- what was it? - gremlins? and then... 

I can't remember. Crap.

My heart is pounding faster and faster as I try to remember what I did after being jerked awake. I feel irrational fear. Why am I so afraid? 

Still can't remember.

Why is it bothering me so much? Okay time to get on with my life.

When I go downstairs - more like run down the stairs, avoiding the top... Why? - I see a note on the kitchen counter; it only says 'gone, will be back. Have breakfast, take a break.' which somehow makes me more scared. Why am I scared of being alone? I'm always alone. I should be used to it by now.

Wow am I so cheerful today. 

I grab some cereal and a couple chocolate bars and take the stairs up two at a time, avoiding the banister that lies just ahead. I steer clear of the next flight of stairs. It is only when I reach my room do I realise that I am out of breath.

Either I am more out of shape than I thought I was, or I just willingly ran up stairs. Why am I focussing on the stairs so much. Also, I keep avoiding the stairs to the attic

I leave the snacks on my bed. The air around me feels tighter and tighter, pressing me back to the room. For the first time in my life this world is more exciting than the other one. The more all my rational senses tell me to avoid the attic, the more irrational I become. 

I snap out of my thoughts to find myself at the door to the attic. I hesitantly step in, and look around. 

What am I looking for?

I see a pile of old clothes in the corner. I am imagining a light shimmery sound in the air, but when I try to focus on it, I hear nothing except the floor under me creaking.

I slowly inch forward. I have goosebumps all over my arms. 

I remove the clothes one at a time.

I see the beginnings of a- 

Box. 

What was I expecting?