Chapter. 5 | Crush

"What's your problem?" he asked with a husky voice. His face was straighter than a poker player. He clenched his jaw.

Is he mad at me?
I could barely look at him. I did not how to answer that question. I could feel my heart burning inside my chest.
I got this strange feeling whenever he looked at me. It was as if every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs
His gaze was too much for me to handle. I removed my eyes from his, and stared at the floor between us.

Suddenly, the man put a finger under my chin, and lifted my face up.

"Why do you always cause trouble?"
He asked with a firm voice.

"I brought you to my place yesterday because you were sleeping outside at night. Despite that, you kicked and punched me. Why?" he asked.

I could hear the sadness in his voice.
I felt my cheeks burn up. I felt embarrassed again.

"I'm sorry, I thought you kidnapped me" I murmured.

His mouth twitched, I was sure he was fighting back a smile. His eyes suddenly got brighter. The hard line across his face turned into a wide smile.
There was softness in the eyes and gentleness in his smile.
I saw how hard the man tried holding back his laughter.

"Kidnapped? Really?" He bursted in laughter.

I couldn't help but laugh too.
I was really shocked at first. How did his mood just change in a split second? It was like I was introduced to a whole new person.
This was the first time I saw him laugh like that or laugh at all.
His smile revealed a row of perfectly carved out dazzling teeth.

Suddenly the boy stood up and opened his cupboard.
He looked down on his dirty shirt before he took out a new white t-shirt.
I gasped when he unexpectedly took off his shirt. His shirtless torso was exposed to me.

Mesmerized by his physique. It was like nothing I've ever seen before. His body was drool-worthy. He had a chiseled chest and the skin on it was glowing healthily.
His abdominals were sculptured to perfection as his six-packs pop, instantly giving off the impression that he came out of a Calvin Klein shoot.

I covered my face with my hands.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked peaking through my fingers.

"Changing" he simply replied.

"Why are you doing it in front of me?" I asked innocently.

"Do you see any other rooms here?" he asked playfully looking around the room.

I realized that this was the only room here. I looked down and nodded defeated.

"Why were you sleeping outside, by the way?" he asked after he had put on his shirt. He took a chair and sat next to me.

"I ran away from home" I replied.

The man raised both of his eyebrows in surprise.

"You ran away?" he asked in a high pitched voice.

I nodded.

"So, where are you going to stay now?" he asked, sounding a bit worried.

"I don't know. I'll leave from here tonight tho, don't worry. Maybe I'll sleep outside" I said and put on a smile to pretend as if I was okay.

"Are you crazy? - you're not sleeping outside" he said determined and crossed his arms.

"You can stay here" he added and put on a welcoming smile.

Is he really going to let me stay here?
I thought that it was really sweet of him.
I was going to refuse it at first, but I do need a place to stay, so I agreed.

"Good. You must be hungry, I'll go and make you something to eat" he said before he opened the fridge.

That was so unexpected. Is he going to make food for me? He has forgiven me already?
I don't know if this is his personality or if he is just acting extra kind.

All I know is that I am falling for him. Hard.