Chapter. 6 | Feelings

As time went on, I could feel myself getting more anxious.
There was only one mattress in this room, and two people.
There was no other bed, other than that one mattress.
Am I going to sleep with him? The thought wouldn't leave my mind.

Everytime he said something, I flinched because I thought he was going to mention where I was going to sleep. That's how anxious I was.

The boy suddenly turned his head towards me and looked at me with both of his eyebrows flying in each direction.

"I just realized that I don't even know your name" he said as he touched the back of his head.

"Haha Y-yeah" I said.

"My name is Lucas" he said with a smile, brighter than the sun.

Lucas. Lucas. Lucas.

I mentally slapped myself when I noticed that my heart was beating so erratically in my chest, that I thought it might fly out.

"My name is Y/N" I said.

A bigger cheerful smile grew on his face.
His cheeks were suddenly pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against his skin. He looked away and found a distraction at the sink.
I blinked several times to confirm that he really was blushing.

"That's a nice name" he said still looking at the sink, smiling.

I started thinking if he was blushing because of my appearance?

Maybe I have food stuck between my teeth? I slided my tongue back and forth on my teeth.

Maybe my hair is looking bad?
I quickly combed my fingers through my dark hair.

Maybe I have food crumbs on my face?
I scrubbed my finger around my mouth.

Maybe my shirt is wrinkled?
I patted my shirt.

What am I doing? I thought.
I, who never cared about other people's opinion on me, is now behaving like this?
I didn't know what had gotten into me.

Lucas was still smiling like an idiot.

"What?" I finally asked.

He shrugged his head.
"Nothing"

It was midnight, and Lucas had put on a movie on the TV.

"I'm tired after saving your ass"
Lucas said while stretching his arms and yawning.

I furrowed my brows and looked at him with anger plastered on my face. I slapped his arm several times.

"Ouch, I was joking" he managed to squeal before I pinched his arm.

He bursted in laughter as he held his stomach. He came so close to my face that I could feel my cheeks burning. I couldn't handle it anymore. Doesn't he realize how he makes me feel? I quickly wanted to avoid this awkward situation.

"Let's go to sleep" I quickly said.
Or should I say, accidentally said, before I jumped off the cough.
Well, one of us had to say this, now or later.

I stood up, but didn't know what to do. Should I just go and lay down on the mattress, or should I wait till he tells me something else?

Lucas stood up, and looked at me with a sharp gaze. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist, and pinned me to the wall. I was blown away by his sudden actions.
I could tell that he wasn't joking by his facial expression. Why does his  personality always randomly change?

"Why are you so nervous, hmm?"
He asked.

My skin tingled where he touched me. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest.

"Don't you want to sleep with me?" he asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

I was one of those people that anyone could read easily. One could see it in my eyes, my movement, but it wasn't that obvious, was it?

"No, it's not like that" I barely got out.

Lucas tilted his head, as he got closer and closer. I could feel his warm breath against my neck.
I was sure I could hear my own heart screaming.

"Good, let's go to sleep then" he said as a smile quickly grew on his face.

I sighed in relief when he let go of me.

With awkward movements, I layed down on the mattress. I moved my body against the wall as much as possible. Lucas threw a blanket at me, before he layed down beside me.

Time passed by and I couldn't sleep.
Whenever a few minutes passed, Lucas would move around, and I quickly closed my eyes pretending to sleep.
Everytime, I felt as if he looked at me.
But that was not the strange part.
The strange part was that I kept looking at him.

He never leaves my mind, he's always there.

After just hours of laying and thinking, I finally admitted to myself what I knew all along, but was too afraid to admit it: I liked him. A lot. And I wanted to be with him.

Edit;
Well, no one is really reading this crap, so I guess I should just dissappear :')