Chapter Nine

Oh my gosh, hey guys! I actually just realized that today was Wednesday and I needed to upload, so I kind of wrote this chapter in about twenty minutes. It's probably not the best, and it's really filler, but hey, at least it's something.

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for more. (I haven't seen many comments lately! Don't be shy, I won't bite!) Enjoy!

ELISE’S POV

“Come on, Hbomb94!” yelled Mike through the teamspeak. “You can’t let Graser of all people beat you!”

“Haha!” cackled Zach. “Graser10cp will always prevail!”

“Dammit, Graser,” cursed Liam as he died and the fireworks exploded around corn. “I hate you so much.”

“No, you don’t,” Zach replied. “You love me today.”

I watched Liam roll his eyes. “Whatever. Anyway, guys, that’s it for this episode of Hunger Games! TYBZI and Graser’s channels will be in the description, and leave a like if you enjoyed!”

“Bye!” called Mike.

The moment Liam stopped recording, I laughed. “I can’t believe Zach beat you, Liam.”

Liam spun in his chair to look at me. “I’d rather not talk about it.”

“Admit it, Liam!” yelled Zach again. “You got destroyed by the one and only Graser10, my man!”

In response, he logged out of teamspeak.

I chuckled. “Liam.”

He smirked at me. “What?”

“Give the poor robot some credit. Let him bask in glory for once.”

“The words ‘Graser’ and ‘glory’ do not mix.” Liam halfheartedly began to edit his footage. “You should know that by now.”

My laptop made a chime from its location next to me on Liam’s couch. It was a Skype message from Sean. “You got a second?”

“Yeah, I’m at Liam’s though.” I typed back.

That’s fine.” A second later, he called me.

“Hey Elise!” he chirped through the call with that adorable smile on his face. I swear my heart melted a little inside.

“Hey, Sean,” I replied, just as Liam called, “Hi Grape!”

Sean laughed. “Hi there H!” he called in return before turning back to me. “So I wanted to ask you something.”

I nodded, indicating for him to go on.

“Um…” he stared down at his desk. “There’s this kind of festival thing that the park does for the Fourth of July, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me…?” 

I knew what he was talking about. Jordan had told me that all of them had plans to go this year, so why was Sean asking me when I was already going? But if I was honest with myself, I wouldn’t mind spending some time alone with Sean…

“Sure,” I responded. I saw Liam give me a knowing look out of the corner of my eye, but I kept my eyes on Sean. His face lit up again and his stunning brown eyes shone. 

“Really?” he asked excitedly.

“Of course!”

“Awesome!” he exclaimed. “I’ll pick you up at 5:30 on Friday, then?”

“Sounds like a plan,” I replied with a smile.

“Great! See you later, Elise!” Sean said before ending the call.

Liam was still watching me with a sly grin on his face. 

“What?” I asked finally.

“You have this silly grin on your face. Something up with you and Sean?”

I felt heat rise to my face. “No…”

“Right,” responded Liam, dragging out the i. “You know we’re all going to the Festival too, right?”

I glanced at him. “Yeah, Jordan told me. Why?”

“So Sean asked you to go with him specifically. I think he just asked you out, girl.”

I opened my mouth to deny it, but then Liam’s words sunk in. Sean had asked me out. Woah.

“All I know is I’m seriously looking forward to Friday. Happy?” I smirked at Liam. 

His mouth quirked up at the corners. “For now.”

Yes I know it's short and filler but I wrote this at the last minute, okay? Be happy you have a chapter xD

And yes, Independence Day is this Friday in America, so I thought it'd be fitting to have the group go watch fireworks and stuff at a festival in the park. That chapter should be up Saturday ^^ I'll try to get the chapter pre-written this time.

Vote and comment for more! Until next time!

~Cherry