Chapter Nineteen

Hi guys! Welcome back!

Before we get started, a few things:

I will be gone on Saturday, so we will be missing Saturday's upload. Sorry!

Also, Begin Again is one or two chapters from finishing after this one! My next story is already in progress; it's called 'Pixel'. Here's the summary:

“Pixel is the ultimate project, and now it’s finished. Once it is released to the public, it will revolutionize the world of gaming. Nothing will ever be the same.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

It took the scientists of the world twenty years to perfect the art of virtualization. Now, with it finally complete, it is ready to release to gamers all over the world.

Introducing Pixel, the program that can literally send you into the game itself.

Upon its worldwide debut, only a few select groups of gamers are chosen to receive the first few servers. One group is the members of the Cube, seeking a new experience for both themselves and their fans on YouTube.

They go in expecting to film a simple episode.

What they don’t expect is the inability to get back to the real world.

Trapped within Minecraft with only each other and their survival knowledge, the Cube YouTubers seek a way home. Among the chaos, they run into a mysterious girl, the only other human in the game. She can’t remember a thing about herself or her past… but she knows everything about virtualization and how it works.

But it turns out virtualization comes at a price that none of them imagined.

Welcome to Pixel.

...so yeah, get excited for that! The prologue will come up the same day that the last chapter of this comes up, which will be either next Wednesday or the Saturday after that :D

JORDAN’S POV

The call came at about midnight.

“Hello?” I asked groggily, half asleep. I dragged myself into a sitting position and rubbed my eyes.

“Jordan?” Sean’s voice echoed through the phone. “Emergency meeting. Tomorrow morning at H’s place. Everyone needs to be there.”

I frowned, staring into the darkness of my room. “Why?”

“Doesn’t matter. Just come, please?” he asked, a bit of pleading entering his tone. 

I sighed. “Okay.”

“Good. See you tomorrow morning.” And with that, Sean hung up, leaving me to stare in tired confusion at my phone before flopping back onto the pillows of my bed.

~ TIME SKIP ~

I knocked on Liam’s door at about 9:30 AM the next morning. I wasn’t used to being up this early, so I yawned as I waited. Within a minute or so, Liam appeared in the doorway.

“Hi, Jordan,” he greeted, stepping sideways. “Come in.”

“Thanks.” I entered the house and Liam closed the door behind me. He led me down the hallway to the living room, where a majority of the Cube group already sat. Sean, Julio, Mike, and Maddie, as well as all of the visiting members: Brayden, Ryan, Stacy, Parker, and Devon.

I realized who was missing. “Where’s…?”

I was cut off by the doorbell.

Liam smirked. “Right there,” he commented, reentering the hallway to answer the door. He came back with Zach just as I settled down next to Parker.

“Okay, everyone,” stated Sean, standing up and clapping his hands so that all attention was directed at him. “Liam and I have gathered you all here today because we’ve discovered something important concerning our case with Elise.”

I stiffened. Parker nudged me gently, giving me a ‘hear him out’ look. I nodded at the floor.

“Yesterday,” continued Sean. “I acquired this video.” He passed his phone to Zach, who had settled next to him. Everyone quickly gathered around him to see the tiny screen, and Sean moved aside.

My thoughts whirled as I watched the video. And my breath hitched in my throat when I heard Veronica as good as confess that she had done it.

Not Elise. Veronica.

And because she had a crush on me.

It made me want to gag.

There was a brief silence after the video ended, where Sean took his phone back and stepped back to observe our reactions. Zach was staring, as were most of the others, and I’m pretty sure my mouth was hanging open.

“Wow,” I said at last, not having much else to say about the matter. I was horrified at how wrong I had been, and I flashed back to everything Maddie had said to me that day. I’d probably broken Elise, and I’d let pride get in the way of trying to find out the truth. I was disgusted with myself.

Nods were exchanged throughout the room, and Sean looked satisfied. “You see? It wasn’t Elise. It wasn’t ever Elise. It was Veronica all along, and we almost fell right into her plan.” He turned and focused on something in the hallway. “But, thankfully, we didn’t.”

I revolved on the spot. There, in the hall, stood a fidgeting Elise. Her hair was a mess and she looked disheveled, but I thought she looked amazing. Her eyes met mine and she flinched, breaking a small part of me, though I knew I deserved it.

Zach, the big softie, was the first to go give her a hug. Then Maddie and Stacy. Then Sean. And finally I found my own feet moving, and before I knew it, everyone surrounded Elise in a gigantic hug. It was perfect, until Devon tripped over Parker’s foot and caused everyone to tumble into a pile on the floor. No one was mad; we all simply laughed and stayed in our positions on top of one another.

Elise’s head was next to mine. I stared into her eyes for a moment before whispering, “I am so sorry.”

She smiled softly. “I know.” 

I am seriously proud of how far this story has come. I mean, it's surpassed United As One in reads, votes, and comments! :D I hope Pixel will do just as well; I am super excited to launch this new story!

QUESTION(S) OF THE CHAPTER:

Will you read Pixel when it comes out? Does it sound interesting?

AND

What's your favorite type of food? Mine's Italian and, of course, American food :D

Vote and comment for more! See you next Wednesday!

~Cherry