Chapter 25

Freddie's P.O.V.

Two weeks has passed since the day Rosie died inside. Well, half died. "Uncle Darren" was put into examination, and then probably straight to jail. The man had been killing innocent people since god knows when. We couldn't believe it when we were told he used to be a Doctor. That fact made me shiver and panic in the worst way a man can experience.

Even though she couldn't be happier to be officially my wife, Rosie couldn't manage to reach her happiness; it was abruptly taken away. She had been in bed for the last fourteen days; sunk in a depression she assured she was unable to survive to.

On the other hand, at least I hadn't been dying little by little lately, and if I were, she'd be the last person I'll tell. It broke my heart that she was going through all of that, but at least I got to be by her side all the time. She needed me, and she knew I'd be there. I was raised by both parents, so I have no idea of how it feels to lose them and grow up alone like she did. She had been on her own before I met her; literally no one to watch her back at such a young age. Having to be mature enough to survive at that age must have been tough. My poor Rose Marie. I was determined to rescue her from the emptiness she fell to.

"Good morning strawberry cupcake" I gently knocked on the door before placing a plate on the bed with her favorite hot cakes. She took her time; it took her two minutes to uncover her face with the bed sheets. She looked at me with those usual sad eyes, and then slightly smiled. SLIGHTLY.

"Why strawberry? I always preferred blue berry cupcakes"

"Because calling you that will make you blue, and I don't want that" Okay that was a stupid inappropriate joke Freddie. I had to make that up with the ugliest and silliest face she had seen.

It took her another two minutes to let out a slight laugh.

"It's okay. I want to get up today. I want to do the stuff I used to do. I miss the band, my daughter, and you"

"It sounds great darling! What about the job?"

"Ugh, night shift? No thank you. I'd rather be here you" She took my hand for the first time since we got married.

"I'll love that" I hugged her. It had felt like ages. I held her in my arms for a long time. "I've been waiting... for you being stable enough... to tell you: your mother is proud of you right now, and so is your father. All the things that man said... they don't make sense. Right now the person who gave birth to the woman I love is not suffering, and I thank her for bringing such a beautiful gift to my life"

She looked up at me with tears on her eyes. "If I ever lose you, that'll be the day I'd die"

Those words might stay in my head forever.

********************************************

February, 1991.

Limehouse Studios.

Freddie's P.O.V.

"Makeup has always suited me well. Not going to lie" I said to myself as I fixed my hair holding my heart shaped mirror.

"You never change" chuckled Roger from behind me.

"Well darling. Some things can actually be covered up"

"Except for me; can you cover up how bad I am aging?"

"I'm so sorry about that, but that's not an excuse to dress like that dear, honestly; that shirt is hurting my eyes." being mean to Roggie is how I show my affection.

"Very funny Mr. flamboyant. Let's get to work; we don't time to lose."

Yeah Roggie. Thanks for reminding me there will be a day when I won't be able to get out of bed.