Chapter Three

“Hey, London, your door was open so I just let myself in,” Savannah announced as she skipped through the kitchen, wasting no time on taking off the shirt and shorts that revealed her purple bikini. I laughed at her because she had yet to realize the three guys that were standing in my backyard, staring at her.

Savannah looked me over and her face scrunched in confusion. With her hands on her hips she remarked, “Hey! Why aren’t you in your bathing suit? You said one hour and it’s been one hour!”

I rolled my eyes at my best friend and playfully pushed her shoulder so that she lost her balance and stumbled backwards. “Savannah, when have I ever done something on time?” I asked, not expecting an answer and forgetting the presence of my brother and his friends for the moment.

She smirked evilly before adding, “That time you and-” But an obviously fake cough had both our heads spinning to the right in their direction. Savannah yelped, jumping a foot in the air when she noticed that we weren’t alone. I chuckled at her reaction which only proved how oblivious she was to her surroundings. “Uh, London?” she called my name nervously. “Can you please tell me who the hell they are?” she pointed her finger specifically at my brother who finally stopped pacing to watch the spectacle that was sure to happen.

I opened my mouth to explain, but Savannah began rambling uncontrollably. “Not that I don’t like them! I’m actually very friendly but it’s just that they’re strangers, at least to me and it’s not good to talk to strangers even if they are hot. Very hot but there’s ‘stranger danger’ and all that crap. You should never get into a van with them either or any type of vehicle at all. Speaking of which, do strangers get offended by the white van stereotype? Cause-”

“Savannah!” I shouted and when that didn’t work I screamed, “Bee!”

“Where?!” she shrieked and ducked, crouching down to her bare feet in a poor excuse of defense. “Finally,” I sighed with relief and took another deep breath. “Savannah,” I said calmly, “remember my older brother Elliott?”

The frightened girl peaked through her arms and thought deeply for a second. “The one that I promised you that I’d kick his ass if I ever saw him again for leaving you by yourself and never coming back?,” she wondered aloud.

“The very one,” I confirmed with a grin, proud for having such an amazing best friend. I turned to face my brother and found his mouth dropped and body tensed in utter shock and just a bit of fear.

“What about him?” Savannah asked, slowly standing up on her feet and adjusted her bathing suit.

“That’s him,” I jerked my head at Elliott who looked like a deer caught in headlights. “And his two friends Will and Colton.” Will saluted her from where he stood in the pool, not showing any indication of leaving. Colton nodded, acknowledging her presence from the comfort of the white lounge chair he was stretched out in.

Savannah’s eyes narrowed and her naturally very pink lips pursed, ignoring the other two. She stuck her hands out in front of her and her knuckles cracked loudly. Elliott winced at the sound, but stayed in place. He glanced back and forth between Will and Colton for answers by using facial expressions to communicate.   

Elliott sighed, running his hand through his hair. He directed a glare at Colton, who only winked in response. Will gave Elliott a dorky thumbs up and a toothy grin. Shaking his head at his best friends, Elliott stepped forward and stuck his right hand out. “Nice to meet you Savannah,” he said politely and revealed a charming smile.

I narrowed my eyes accusingly at my brother. It was obvious he was going to hit on my best friend because he reserved that smile for the girls he flirted with. I couldn’t even think of an appropriate curse word to describe him.