Chapter Five

I suggest going back and rereading the story. This is the completed version of chapter five so the beginning is a repeat. And an author's note at the end!

James Theodore Hawkins, captain of the school’s lacrosse team, straight A student and loved by all the school for his good looks and humor.

Also known as Jimmy, my ex-boyfriend.

Once upon a time, long ago in the beginning of senior year, the most beautiful and amazing girl (me) in all of the land went out with a guy. They dated for a few months before she broke up with him for being an asshole. She then lived happily ever after with her long list of imaginary relationships with celebrities while said guy was killed. The end.

Without sarcasm? He asked me out and I said yes. How could I not? His name was Jimmy, he was hot and he was funny. I was never one of those girls who nobody knew actually existed; that would secretly fantasize all day that they’d be pretty, popular, and dating the quarterback. That didn’t happen because one, I couldn’t tolerate the popular kids with their mainstream personalities. I was never popular in high school, only well known ‘cause of my brother and Jimmy. Two, I didn’t give a shit about any of those things. And three, the quarterback of our school was gay, so that crushed the hopes of many girls’ dreams of a cliche high school romance.

Then after dating for some time, he randomly became a douchebag; ditching me, making comments in front of his friends while I was there and flirting with other girls. Anyone who did that could kiss my ass adios.

I was heartbroken for about two days. Throughout the day, I would think about his dark brown eyes that were so mysterious and secretive, the way I’d run my fingers through his curly brown hair when we kissed, and his breathtaking smile.

Then, news came out he was dating Sabrina Larson, the school bitch, and I was over it. I wasn’t going to be heartbroken about some guy who was a complete jerk to me while he was probably screwing an obnoxious slut. And if you think I was being overdramatic and calling her all these names when in real life she was some virginal angel, you would be wrong. Her profile picture on Facebook alone was a testament to that.

And cursing at loud like I did at that moment was one of the stupidest things I had ever done. Cursing was an automatic reaction I had to bad situations; one of the reasons why I cursed in the first place. But if you’ were in an almost abandoned movie theater and one of the only people behind you cursed very loudly, odds were you’re going to look back and see who said it. Didn’t matter if they were strangers that you would never see again in your life, you were going to look just because curiosity was a pain in the ass.

So when Jimmy reluctantly pulled back from the girl’s lips, I knew he was going to see me and purposely do anything to make me jealous or piss me off. Jealousy did not suit any girl well, so with this in mind, I snatched Colton’s hand and interlaced my fingers through his. There was no way in hell that I was going to look like an idiot, watching my ex make out with a girl while I was sitting behind him with my older brother. Hell no!

Colton had slightly jumped in his seat when I reached for his hand. Bewildered, he practically gaped at me, wondering what the hell I was doing. I couldn’t exactly blame him considering my attitude towards him had been all over the place. I shot him a glare and rolled my eyes towards Jimmy’s direction, mouthing ex. Fortunately, Colton understood my intentions perfectly, for he smirked devilishly and placed our locked hands on his lap.

Sighing in relief, I slouched back in my seat, leaning towards Colton’s side. I acted like I was enjoying the film which had now begun, attempting to seem interested when really I was peering over at Jimmy through the corner of my eye. He wasn’t exchanging saliva with the girl he was with anymore, which was nice for everybody else. Instead, he pretended to watch the movie like I was, but every now and then he would glance back in my direction, trying to sneak a peek of me.