Chapter 1 -- The Assignment

"Chris you got a few moments?" "Sure King". "What's going on with you? I saw your reaction to Sabastian this morning out in the field. That's not like you. We're a team. I'm trusting that you're remembering that. Sabastian is the one who realized where those drones were headed. He figured out the chemical compounds that led you guys to figure out the real target of those missiles."

"I don't know King. I apologized to Sabastian. You have to admit that he can get on your nerves when he goes around the 'pond to give you the details."

"Well Chris, I'm going to send you to a training seminar at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in two weeks. It's a ten week class focusing on interaction between the ATF, DEA, FBI and NCIS. You will get per diem, but you always have the choice to live in quarters on the installation. Maybe you can a take a few days to see the sites in D.C. while you are there and take in a few shows.

"Just great. Banished." I griped.

"What's that LaSalle" Tammy ask.

"King just banished me to D.C. for that argument with the nerdy one this morning".

"Come on LaSalle, that's not the first encountered that you have had in the past several weeks. I was beginning to wonder myself. What's going on? How are things in Alabama"?

"Tough. I have a high learning curve plus I have this gut feeling that the staff and Rachel are not telling me everything"

"Well, maybe you'll have a chance to see Percy while you're there. She must have found some great party spots by now."

"I thought Loretta said that she was out of the country. You know she would never tell you for how long.

"Let me dig around"

Two days later

"Hey LaSalle. I was able to satellite phone Sonja early this morning. She is out of the country. She said that you could use her condo while you're in D.C. She had sent me a picture of the place. It's something else! She gave me all the details. Said that she would let the Concierge know that you are coming. I'll e-mail everything to you".

"Sounds like a plan. Thanks Tammy".