Chapter 4

" I can't believe you didn't get detention " Sayori giggled as she walked with Natsuki to the club room.

" Yeah I'm a little surprised too but hey, I'm a good child " Natsuki replied putting her hands behind her head. They entered the club room. Monika was sitting on a desk, talking to Yuri quietly. The girl with a bow in her hair, waved, " Yoo-hoo! "

" O-Oh! Sayori, Natsuki, you guys finally came " Monika uneasily said but hid it with a smile. The purple haired girl stood up from her seat, " U-Um Natsuki.. Come with me to get some water.. For tea "

" Oh okay sure Yuri "

Yuri and Natsuki were walking in the hallway, trying to get to the room where Yuri gets water for tea.

" N-Natsuki.. Are you going to go home? " Yuri asked gently tapping the metal tea pot in her hand.

" As much as I don't want too.. I have too " Natsuki answered sounding a little empty.
They walked into the room and it had a little spot to get hot water from. The pink haired girl watched Yuri, fill up the tea pot. She thought about why Yuri asked that question. Did she want another sleepover?
Natsuki hopped onto one of the desks that were in the room and swinged her legs in slight boredom.

" Natsuki.. " Yuri mumbled as she stopped the water and put the lid back on the tea pot.

" Huh? Did you say something? "
Yuri placed the tea pot on one of the desks then gripped onto the sides of the desk. It looked like she was thinking hard on what to say.

" Y-Yuri? " Natsuki hesitated, slowly getting off the desk and walked to Yuri, " Are you okay? "

" Yes I am fine.. " Yuri weakly said, " I just got a little light headed "

" You didn't eat Lunch? "

Yuri shook her head. She glanced at Natsuki from the side, she saw Natsuki's pink beautiful eyes and her soft looking lips. Yuri blushed.

" Well that's the problem.. C'mon, I'll get you something from the vending machine "

They walked back to the club room. Yuri sat down in one of the seats and gently rested her head on the desk.

" Are you feeling alright, Yuri? " Monika asked sounding concerned.

" Aww Yuri! " Sayori pouted then started to pet Yuri, " You should go home and rest "

" Where is Natsuki? " Monika asked.
Yuri sat up gripping onto her stomach, " Please, make sure she eats something "

Sayori and Monika looked at each other, Monika took a deep breath, " Yuri.. Is there something going on? "

Natsuki came back from the vending machine before Yuri could answer the question, " They only had these chips "

" Natsukiii~ " Sayori put her arm around her in a friendly manner, " Yuri told us what happened~ "

" Okay? Anyway you should eat- "

" I gave her a fruit bar! " Monika jumped in with a convincing smile.

" Eh? Then.. I bought this for nothing? " Natsuki blankly groaned.

" N-No " Yuri began, " Please eat Natsuki "

Natsuki looked at Yuri. Her eyes were filled with determination. Ever since yesterday happened, when Natsuki was surprised about seeing so much food. Yuri got the idea of her not being able to eat regularly. Yuri would've gave her something from home but they were already late and had to rush to school. She kinda felt bad on that part.

" I.. I guess " Natsuki answered as she opened the bag. Slowly, Sayori slipped her hand in the bag and pulled out a chip, " Victory! "
She ran to the other side of the classroom putting the chip in her mouth.

" Sayori! At least ask! " Natsuki growled.
Monika giggled. The girl who was still holding onto her stomach, was only worried and was only thinking about Natsuki. What will happen when Natsuki gets home?

" Alright guys!~ " Monika clapped, " Since we're too busy with the festival, it means we can leave early! "

" Back to Monika's house I go! " Sayori cheered as she clinged onto Monika's arm.

" The group chat is there if anything " Monika reminded as she took a glance at Yuri. After that, the two girls walked out, which leaves Natsuki and Yuri alone once more.

" I don't know why you did that.. " Natsuki started as she was looking at her bag, " I was fine "

Yuri walked to Natsuki, slowly resting her hand on hers, " I only did that so you could eat. C'mon I seen the way you looked at the fridge yesterday. Do you not eat? "

Natsuki held onto her stomach tight feeling a sharp pain, " Y-Yes I do eat! "

" Please Natsuki, you can be honest with me. I will not hurt you " Yuri ordered as she gripped Natsuki's hand tight, " I care about you "

" Y-Yuri, I'm fine " She weakly mumbled then moved her hand away from Yuri's, " I need to get home "

Natsuki grabbed her things and walked out of the classroom, leaving Yuri all by herself.

Private Messaging

Monika: Yuri, It's Monika. About earlier, what's going on?
Yuri: It's about Natsuki.. She hasn't been eating well, for who knows how long. And.. Something else is going on, that might explain the random bruises
Monika: What makes you say that??
Yuri: It's a long story..
Monika: I have time
Yuri: Okay.. Well.. It all started when we took a break from the posters cause Natsuki was hungry. So she suggested on making cookies and when she started going through the fridge for ingredients, she was shocked to see how much food was in there. After the cookies were made, she was panicking about finishing the dishes on time. Once the clock turned 8pm, she was terrified that her papa would come in and start to beat her for the not finished dishes.
Monika: Woah.. That's.. A little traumatizing. I feel bad for Natsuki.. Why didn't she tell us?
Yuri: I'm not sure.. But right now, she's pretending that everything is fine.
Monika: I'll start bringing sandwiches for the club when Natsuki doesn't bring anything.. But that kinda solves one issue.. I'm speechless about the other..
Yuri: So am I. I want to do something but I'm not sure what.
Monika: I don't know either.

" Papa I'm home.. " Natsuki said as she walked in the house and shut the door behind her.
" Natsuki! Dishes, now! " Her father yelled from the couch.
" I-I got it! " She jolted then rushed to the kitchen. She started the water and began washing the dishes quickly.
" Natsuki, where were you yesterday? " Her father said clearly as he sat up from the couch.
" I-I had to finish the project " Natsuki carefully said as her hands started to shake.
" I told you to get back before 8, why didn't you?! " He yelled standing up and stomping over to Natsuki.
" I-I-I'm sorry! " she quickly cried then suddenly felt pain from her palm. She lifted it up from the sink water, another cut from a knife.