Chapter 14- I Know Where You Are

Wait…whats this…a second chapter upload?! On the same day?!

As another way to apologize for my long absence I decided to upload two chapters the same day. Figured it would make you bros happy ^_^

I dedicate this chapter to all my new fans who read my story and/or followed me during my absence! I can’t say enough how much your comments made me happy.

Without a further ado I present Chapter 14 of Living Free!

Disclaimer::: I do not own Naruto or any of its original characters or plot just my own.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro POV

I wish that I couldn’t sense the ninja watching me. It makes my guard and senses rise and I constantly feel on edge. I’m happy that there will be someone to stop me from hurting others like I did yesterday, but their hidden presence unsettles me. It’s like I am about to be attacked but I know I won’t be unless I slip up, however, my body can’t seem to relax and listen to my mind. I know Yuu’s training is the reason I feel like this know. I had to be on guard constantly with him and anyone that is hidden was an automatic threat that Yuu forced me to attack and kill whoever was.  Years of training and habits won’t suddenly stop because I wish it too.

When I entered the academy this morning, I didn’t know what to expect. Once I stepped out of my apartment complex I was getting wary or fearful looks from villagers who came out of their homes and happened to see me. Everyone was avoiding me. The other students looked scared and never got closer than ten feet of me. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Like I feel as if I should be sad but I’m not. Perhaps it’s for the best that everyone stays away from me. I hope Shikamaru doesn’t avoid me…if he does… I wouldn’t ever have the chance to be myself with him anymore. Or hang out with him or Choji on the hill. There’s a sudden tightening in my chest. What is this feeling?

I push away all these conflicting emotions and enter the class room. All the chatter stops once they noticed it was me that entered. I glance over all of them with an uncaring look before taking my usual seat at the end of the row and look out the window watching the clouds pass by as I wait for class to start. It looks like it's going to rain tomorrow.

I hear Choji and Shikamaru enter the class and I glance at them slowly from the corner of my eye before looking back at the window.

What if they don't want to be near me either? How do I act? Should I keep being emotionless? Or should I act like how I do normally? This is all confusing.

I hear them stop next to me then there's a bag of chips in my view. I look at it confused before looking at Choji with the same expression. He grins encouragingly, "Do you want a chip Shiru-chan?" I look at the barbecued flavored chips then look at Shikamaru not understanding the situation at all. Shouldn't they be avoiding me? Everyone else is. Why is Choji suddenly sharing his chips with me?

Shikamaru sighs then lazily lifts his hand and pats my head, "We are your best friends Shirudo, do you think we'll abandon you for something you couldn't control? Friends don't do that to each other. They stay by your side from thick to thin, no matter what. Sure sometimes things happen and friendships end but that isn't going to happen to us anytime soon. I bet you feel confused on what to do right? To say it straight out, we aren't going to abandon you Shiru-chan. So there’s no need to worry about anything."

My eyes widen slightly in realization and understanding. If we were anywhere else I would grin, but since we are in class I smirk with a short chuckle and lower my head, "Thank you. Sorry I doubted you guys, I still got a lot to learn about friends don't I?" I take a chip from Choji who smiles widely and they take their seats with Shikamaru on my left and Choji by the window.