Prologue

Unedited

Odette's POV

2 Years Ago: February 14, 2013

7:36 pm

Liam My Love <3: Can't wait to see you

Me: I miss you already. Why are you taking so long?

Liam My Love <3: Miss you too :) Only few more minutes and I'll be there

Me: Can't wait ;)

Liam My Love <3: I love you

Me: I love you

9:41 pm, 2 hours and 5 minutes later

I've been sitting in my room, waiting for Liam to come. It's my birthday today, turning fifteen years old. I know, I was born on Valentine's day (ironic). I'm getting anxious now. Liam said he'll be here in a few minutes only two hours ago. We were going to have my birthday/Valentine's day dinner together. But we were also planning to celebrate our one year anniversary together too.

Liam and I were childhood besties. I remember the first day I met him at daycare twelve years ago. I made fun of him because he wore a pink t-shirt and I told him pink is only for girls. Then he made fun of my ponytail because I looked like a horse. Ever since then, we've been best friends. It was until seventh grade, I knew I had feelings for him. I didn't want to make our friendship awkward so I never said anything. But the next year, he changed both our lives when he asked me to be his girlfriend on my birthday. I gave him everything; well not everything, if you know what I mean. He was my first best friend, my first kiss, and my first love. You can say that we were inseperable, and I love him.

My palms are now getting sweaty as I pace around my room. Every so often, I look out my window to see whether or not Liam and his sister have arrived yet. Sweat is starting to seep down my forehead. I can feel my blood pressure rising, this sick feeling which starts to fill my stomach. My breathing is starting to hitch, making it more difficult to breath.

Something in my mind is telling me that something is wrong, but I don't know what. Rubbing my face, I sigh loudly. "Where is he?" I am now biting my nails like a madman. Again I look out the window for Liam to arrive, but he still isn't here. Anxiously jumping up and down now, I can't remain patient any longer. I start to dial Liam's number. I didn't before because I didn't want to seem like one of those girlfriends: the possesive, clingy types.

He isn't answering me.

Before I call him again, my mother enters the room. She has an expression on her face, but I can't tell what it means. And then I look into her eyes. The eyes are the windows to the soul, they say. She's looking at me with empathy, dispiritedly. I now know something is definately wrong.

"Mom! What's going on" I say rapidly. Her mouth opens, but nothing comes out. Its as if her tongue was cut out. "Please don't say it, please don't let it be bad news" I think to myself.

"Li-" by the first syllable I am already on the floor. I'm crying uncontrollably, pulling out my hair. Tears are falling like waterfalls, staining my shirt. My screams sound like a banshee as I cry for my Liam.

My mother wraps her arms around me protectively, trying to sooth me. She is on the verge of tears also, but tries to stay strong for me. My father comes in to the room too, but is speechless. He stands near the door frame: his hand on his forehead worridely while he's on the phone, cursing under his breath.

"Liam, Liam!" I cry. "Mom! Where is he?" my sobs were too hard to contain. I need to know what's happening.

"He-he-he's in the hospital dear. There was a car crash. I don't know what exactly happen, but both his sister and Li-" my eyes widen. Shaking my mom viciously, I demand her to take me to Liam. She quickly acts, taking my wrist as she brings my dad and I to the hospital. I had never been so forceful towards my parents before. I was their little girl, obedient and innocent. But this is Liam, and thankfully they understood.