Ron - 9

Song of the Chapter: Look At Me Now by Rags Cast (feat. KeKe Palmer)

Unedited

It was Thanksgiving Day and I was stuck watching the store. I couldn't have the typical Thanksgiving dinner because my mom was working overtime today, Uncle Todd was on a business trip, and Sam was spending the holiday back in California with his girlfriend. Since I didn't have anything else to do, I volunteered to watch over my uncle's shop with Ben. Our Thanksgiving meal consisted of microwave mac 'n cheese, Doritos (nacho flavor), a one-liter bottle of coke, and yogurt parfaits from McDonalds. It wasn't much, but better than nothing.

The store was pretty quiet for most of the day. I guess a bookshop isn't at the top of most people's shopping list for a Black Friday sale. After the clock rang past midnight, I decided to close up shop. I would have to bring Ben home anyway since he was passed out in the back with a cheese filled mouth and a little drool coming out.

Taking the last bag of Doritos from Ben's lap, I tried to rip open the top. Damn it, why is it so hard to open? I thought to myself. I'm such a weakling. As I continued to struggle opening the stupid bag of chips, I heard the front door ding.

"Sorry, but we're closed," I mumble with the Doritos bag dangling in my mouth. Walking to the front door, I saw the most jaw dropping sight ever...

Holy shït were the first words to pop into my head. As soon as Odette walked through the door in that little black dress, I was speechless. She could make heads turn with just one glance. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, checking her out from head to toe. The dress fit showed off all of her curves in all the right places. The way the black lace showed off her skin made my knees go weak. Her dress stopped mid-thigh showing off her long, tan legs. Her innocent face looked up to mine. I noticed she was wearing a little make-up. Her eyeliner made her coffee brown eyes pop out and her red lipsticks made her lips seem so luscious, soft... Damn it Ron!

Still having the bag of chips dangle from my mouth, I gulped. "Uh, hi Odette. What are you doing here?" I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck.

Odette just stood there, looking so, so...beautiful. She didn't say anything, just looked around the shop. I noticed her shiver a little. Quickly, I take off my old army jacket and wrap it around her tiny frame.

"You looked a little cold," she gave me a smile before clutching onto my coat.

"Well, uhm, I closed up the shop a little while ago and was just about to head home. But I can stay for a few more hours here with you, if you want?" I looked at her hopefully. She took another glance of the store before nodding her head and said thank you.

"Why aren't you wearing your shoes?" I asked her. She held her heels in her hand as she followed me to the back.

"I don't really like wearing them. My mother forced me to wear them earlier". I nodded my head and open the back to see my brother wide-awake in the rec room, watching TV.

As soon as he sees Odette, he smiled wide. Surprisingly, he ran up to Odette and hugged her. "Hi, I'm Ben! Are you my brother's girlfriend? He never brings around pretty girls, I never expected him to get one".

"Ben!" I scolded. I noticed Odette blush before she bent down to Ben's level.

"No, I'm not his girlfriend. I'm just a friend of his". Did she just say what I think she said? Did she just call me her friend?

"Okay, that's what I thought," Ben smirked and returned to watching TV.

Ben, I'm going to get you later I thought to myself. "Sorry about my little brother. He's a little pest, but I love him," I told Odette.