cookies and cream

I began my journey to the store that's literally around the corner and blast my music through my head phones. I walk in the store and go straight to the back to get what I came in for. Cookies and cream.

I see through the mirror a younger boy around the age of 10 come in and walk to the back to. I went back to looking for the ice cream when I notice him talking. I turn my music down and turn to him. "What you say lil man" I asked him with a straight face " I said buy me sum" " boy you suppose to ask not tell I ain't getting u shit" I turn my music back up get my ice cream and walk to the front of the store. 'That lil boy got some nerve.

I think to myself as I see him again walk out of the store as a tall dark skin teen walks in grabs some now and later and get behind me. Finally I'm next in line after the man in front of me paid for his scratch offs. I take one of my headphones out as I hear him say 2.56 for my icecream. I take out a 5 dollar bill and put my change back in my pocket.

As I'm walking back home I see the dark skin boy was following me. 'Maybe we just going in the same directions'  that thought quickly left my mind as when I walked up to my porch he stopped at the gate looked at his phone then looked at me.

I continued into the house as if he wasn't there. "Ma somebody outside" "yeah I see" she say looking out the window looking at him. "She walk to the front door right pass me. " come on in" she wave her hand at him as he eat his now and laters. "Thank you I was wondering if I had the wrong house" 'df is he doing here? Who is he? And where is cody?' Those were the main three questions in my head at this point.