Info: 03_030-Magic_Machin3ry_&_Politics.txt

[Interstellar Main Theme (Extended) by Hans Zimmer]

[This explains magic and specifics on it, the history of this AU, machinery and different actors and dynamics they share. If you have questions, PLEASE ASK, no matter how silly they may seem (because they're probably not and I probably forgot to include something important in this). This only expands on the world and all of our knowledge, lol.]

_________________________________________________

***

『 MAGIC (a general overview) 』

***

____________________

Magic is a very, VERY varied thing. Everyone has a little bit of magic, even humans; however, supernaturals of any and all types are the ones that are considered to truly have magic.

Everything around us has magic, too: nature, things of importance, cities. People dismissed urban areas to have any sort of magic, but they have them--and technology has its own, different, new type of magic. One that isn't very well-understood. One that's...misunderstood.

One that's more powerful than people believe.

One that clashes heavily with the already-existing magic, 'old' magic.

Magic is hard to describe, but at its purest form, it's energy--and, when focused, can be used to do extraordinary and impossible things: to be channeled by witches into spells, to be used by sirens to lure people from the sea, and everything in-between.

Magic is on a gradient: good or bad, light or dark--and there is a small area between, where things are "neutral". Most consider demonic, occult magic to be dark; light magic is holy and pure...however, this belief is being a bit dated, though has some weight to it. 

Light magic outweighs the dark magic, and though generally slightly less strong, is far easier to control and has much less of a cost to be used in the process. Before, light/dark supernaturals were EXTREMELY racist towards one another--and the conflict remains, many fearful of 'dark' creatures.

Different areas have different magics, often drawn from their environment: those in Navajo tribes use magic from the sun and sand, similar to those in Egypt and many places in Sub-Saharan Africa--whereas Aztecs used animals and leaves and rain. Natural magic is dying out, but cultural practices still largely remain with groups.