< Chap1er_One.exe >

CHAPTER 1

< F1rst Breath. F1rst Life.

F1rst Death.>

_______

_______

[Part 1/2]

In which the characters, each separate in their own lives, deal with their own dramas, fears, and pains...face issues unseen, and join together into small groups. Meanwhile, the worlds around them crumble.

Animus has been a silent beast, creeping forward, claiming victims and snatching them from the world. It has been slow, steady--and its consequences have turned the skies gray, the air cold.

But now? Ice into fire. 

Immolation.

_____

[Part 2/2 coming soon]

________

___________________

______________________________________

PREVIOUSLY ON DREAMSCAPE (THE SITUATION AT THE START)....

(The current state of the universe! PLEASE READ. I've been undecided on just how far I want this disease and the apocalypse to be developed, but I've decided that the rp starts with a very early stage of the collapse--because it's fun to have the world collapse around you, right? xD)

Animus has become a universal phenomenon--and terror. It's been in the public space for the last few weeks (about a month and a half), but only in the last two weeks has it been truly, fully dangerous. People who have been in a comatose-like have dropped like flies--same for those who have just believed they have a simple flu. The disease is unpredictable, and it's starting to reverse evolution.

The CDC has collapsed. Several leaders have died within the group. A few world leaders and members of the GO (Galactic Order) have fallen ill. Others are talking about leaving, being put into safehouses, being put underground, etc...but nowhere is safe.

Certain cities have begun to cordon themselves off, but nothing has worked anywhere.

The apocalypse is upon everyone, and it's just begun. Society is starting to fracture, but it continues. The Internet and technology continue powered and on, as are all utilities. Governments are rushing to replace those they've lost, so long as it's in the ruling party's favor. Any dissent on the governmental issues has been quelled. "The Animus Trials" is on the CDC purposefully withholding information to the world on Animus.