Chapter 10

~~~

Practice was officially over after the nets were put away. The boys all grabbed their bags and stared to leave the gym.

They all rushed out to go to Coach Ukai's store. He offered everyone a free snack for practicing so well.

Nishi grabbed her stats notebook and went to catch up to Noya.

"So, did you like practice?"

Y/n slightly nodded at her brother. It was a totally new experience that would definitely have to grow on her before she could say that she "enjoyed" it.

They walked in silence the rest of the way home. Noya was probably exhausted from practice. That was the only time he was EVER quiet. Nishi, on the other hand, was used to being quiet and felt comfortable.

She thought more about the boys' practice. Should she continue to go even though she barely talked? Was she even any help? Did the boys think she was weird? Was it worth it? Do they care? Does she fit in?

A lot of questions were whirling in her head, for better or for worse.

Y/n looked down at her notebook. She turned to the first page and saw the information that she's gathered in one day. Nishinoya Yū, 2nd year, number 4, libero.

She smiled and then turned to Yū. She had to continue doing this, if not for herself, do it for him.

He then stuffed a pork bun in his mouth and ruined her pleasant thought.

"Why are you staring at me?!"

She giggled. "No reason, brother."

~~~