Chapter 11

~~~

The last bell rang and Nishi sprinted out of the classroom. She threw on her tennis shoes and ran down the street.

"Gotta get that notebook!"

She texted her brother before school saying that she'd be late, to which he unsurprisingly didn't reply. Of course she forgot her volleyball information notebook on the counter in their kitchen.

She mentally smacked herself on the head and continued running down the paved street towards home.

~~~

"Hey, Nishinoya, where's you're sis?"

Noya looked around the gym. He frowned and shrugged his shoulders at his captain. He suddenly started worrying that maybe she quit. Maybe she went home never planning on returning. There is no way she'd be this late to practice otherwise.

Tanaka started flexing his imaginary biceps. "Aw that's too bad... I thought it was cool to have my best bro's sister watch me practice!" Tanaka also thought she really must've quit.

Suga perked up when he heard Tanaka's exclamation, clearly interested in the topic.

"Nishinoya, did your sister quit?", he asked.

Noya shrugged once again. "She didn't say anything to me this morning," he pondered for a second, "well now that I think about it I didn't even see her this morning..."

Yū explained how his twin liked to leave early, even before he woke up.

All of the boys, or most of them *cough cough... Tsukki* looked like sad little puppies.

"Alright now get back to practice!" Coach Ukai was disappointed as well but they still had volleyball to worry about first.

Hinata and Kageyama of course were practicing their crazy quick. Nishinoya was taking spikes from them and basically anyone else who had a ball fly towards his direction. Asahi and Yamaguchi were practicing their serves with Coach.

Takeda, as usual, busted into the gym clearly in a hurry.

"P-practice match!" He fixed his glasses while all the boys looked in his direction.

Daichi asked who they were scheduled to play. The team was told to gather 'round.

"In a week from today," Takeda Sensei started, "we will be playing Nekoma in a friendly practice match!"

The guys cheered at the sound of that. It'd been nearly a month since any type of game against another school. They'd been focusing on condition rather than gameplay and they were itching to play for real.

Suddenly, all of their attention was stolen when the door creaked open ever so slightly...

~~~