Part 4: Carnivals and Escapes.

"I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't." ― Marilyn Monroe 

Previously:

That's great!

I was in a game.

His game.

Mara's POV:

I was now jumping in the puddle from the rain that is still pouring made. I was starting to like being invisible.

I skinny dipped naked in the pack pool today. One thing off my bucket list. Apollo can throw whatever he wants at me, sticks and stones may break my bones but his tricks, they will never succeed.

I took a warm bath knowing that I could do whatever I want tomorrow. Well the reality was, there is no tomorrow, only today. But in tomorrow. If that even make sense. Hopefully I'd be able to tick some more things off my bucket list.

Oh and maybe I'd try to listen to the girls gossiping and see what they're up to.

I got back to my room to see something written in permanent marker on the wooden desk.

Call out my name and I'll  stop this game.

I'm your protector, your sun.

On the next of the writing was a polaroid of me and.... Apollo.

 Apollo

No. I don't want to remember. I tore the polaroid in half while biting my lips, trying to keep the tears from escaping.

Apollo had asked me to go to the carnival with him, out of the werewolf portal and in the human world. 

"You're crazy Apollo If the Council found out-"

"Live Mara, if the Council found out, they wouldn't dare to do anything." 

And then me, Apollo, Ivan, and Carmella sneaked out of the portal and into the carnival. It was amazing yet scary, clowns were everywhere, peculiars were at show, we rode rollercoasters and even rode this huge ball thing called the ferris wheel. 

"Carmella look down there! look the people are so small." Teased Ivan to the poor girl who's afraid of heights.

"Stop it Ivan, if I'm going to throw up, I'll make sure to do it on you." Glared Carmella.

After that, Apollo challenged me on this shooting thing. He bet that if I hit more than he did, he'll buy me lunch for a week and if he won, I'll have to give him a kiss. I will never forget his expression when I won, it was priceless.