Part 5: Drown.

"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan 

Recap:

In that moment I wanted out.

I screamed, begging for mercy.

Begging that someone could help me.

MARA'S POV:

It is now the 3rd day in today. I tried sleeping last night but that seemed impossible. I slept at about three, bawling my eyes out. Last night, I went out again. I had just a little hope that V and Cass would be immune to this trick Apollo is playing.

Who knows? Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

I should've listened to my instinct, who kept on telling me to turn back. Out of the woods. Back to my room, and sleep. But I didn't listen.

In return, I lost all my hope. Fear had now devour me and I am scared. Scared that I would be invisible forever, scared that I would be forgotten, sad that I would never be able to communicate with my family members ever again.

Volkheimer, Alarik, Flo, Nat, Alessio, Cass, Charles, they were all my family.

There is now a new clue written on my desk. The only thing that can get me out of this game I am not wiling to play. This "clue"/"riddle" thing is absurd. Totally absurd.

Call out my name and I'll stop this game

I'm your protector, your sun.

I held you close when you were crying on the summer night.

You smelled like cherries.

When the sky turned crimson,

you were a painted polaroid.

I told you you reminded me of the stars,

a light igniting in the dark.

If it was written on paper, I wouldn't doubt to crumble it and throw it in the bin like the trash it was.

I did all my morning duties. My meals always disappears after I finished them, at least Apollo is kind enough to bring me food.

Cassandra was right when she sensed chaos. But why would she willingly invite me to V and Charles's sinful hobbies?

I decided to take a walk around the Pack house, maybe it'll calm my uneasy feelings.

I walked pass the rose garden, the park where the kids were screaming and fighting on the monkey bars, the guards that used to annoy me, the swimming pool that is somehow empty. Then, rain started to pour.

If my brothers saw me here, in the rain, they would demand me to go inside, stating that I'll get the cold. Then, I would tell them that I was immune to those sickness and the threats that my brothers gave me.

But they couldn't see me now.

I walked to the Pack house entrance to see Alarik and Flo walking out of Alarik's black BMW.

What is going on?

I thought he was staying the night with Flo?

They hurried past the rain and my curiosity told me to follow them. I casually followed them because there is no need to sneak. I was invisible after all.

They entered Alessio's study and Alessio told them to take a seat.

"What is wrong with you? I didn't even leave for one whole day and she went missing?" Asked Alarik while glaring holes towards Alessio.