Chapter 1

"This has to be some kind of hallucination

"This has to be some kind of hallucination...right?"

Mercury

I woke up this morning thinking today was going to be a rather normal day. Maybe something exciting would happen at work but other than that, a normal day was ahead for me. I didn't feel weird or have that sixth sense where I felt like something was wrong.

I ungracefully rolled out of bed, landing on the floor, entangled in my covers. An incoherent groan and string of words fell from my mouth. I stayed up late last night binging the rest of Criminal Minds and I was in no mood to be up at this time.

I peeked over to where my alarm clock fell when I hit the ground.

7:15 am

A gasp left my mouth as I struggled to untangle myself from my sheets and run to the bathroom to wash up. I skipped my morning shower seeing how late it already was and put my hair in a messy bun, throwing on my uniform and running out my door.

I made it to the diner I worked in, in record time as Gladys threw me my apron when she passed by with a white notepad.

"Just in time." She smirked. Her gray hair was pulled into a neat bun, donning the same brightly colored, yellow uniform as me. A dress the went to your knees with pockets stitched on either side and a collar to match.

I quickly tied my apron around my body as I gave her my best out-of-breath-just-ran-12-blocks, smile.

The day dragged on as I served customers that had walked in. Usually the ones who have to be up this early like businessmen, lawyers, teachers, etc.

The doorbell rang, signaling that someone had entered the diner. As I wiped the counter I heard Gladys tell them to take a seat wherever they liked. Which happened to be two stools down from me. I looked to Gladys to see if she wanted to take this one but only motioned to me with a wink.

I shook my head as I grabbed my notebook and pen.

"What can I get you?" I asked.

The man in front of me put the menu down so I now had a clear view of his face. My breath hitching as I stared at him in awe. Very often did I get star struck. Living in New York you get fairly used to it but this was Chris Evans. Nothing was going to keep my jaw from dropping.

"Uh yes, I will have a black coffee and side of pancakes." He kindly handed the menu to me before picking up a newspaper and smiling at me.