Introduction

I stare at the questionare that was pressed into my hands moments before.

1)What is your name?

Nicole Walters

2)How old are you?

16

3)Do you like kids?

Yeah

4)Do you have a boyfriend?

Nope

5)Why would I want you to babysit my daughter?

Because I am awesome

6)What time should you feed the baby?

Whenever she gets hungry

7)Do you like to party?

Not really

8)What do you like to do for fun?

Read

9)What kind of music do you listen to?

Everything really

10)Do you think you could handle being our babysitter?

Yeah

I answer the questions as shortly as possible.

My hands are sweating as I hand the paper to a considerably plain woman. She has shoulder length brown hair and a round face with brown eyes. She takes the paper from my hand quite rudely and skims over my answers.

"When can you start?" She asks in a boring tone. "Whenever you need me." I answer with a small smile. Her lips turn up at the sides in an attempt to smile. "You can catch a ride with my husband, I have to get over to my meeting." She says and picks up her purse. Her long white skirt slightly drags the ground behind her.

"Wait!" I yell and jump from my chair. She stops walking and slowly turns around. "I-I don't know what your husband looks like." I studder, still surprised at my sudden outburst. A full on smile appears on her lips and a giggle falls from them.

"He is hard to miss. You will know him when you see him." She says and walks out the door. I fall back into the chair and think. I am in the Courier Tribune headquarters, in one of the side rooms, having an interview to be a babysitter.

When realization that I got the job sets in, I start smiling like an idiot. The only reason I applied for the job is because my friends didn't want our enemy, Lilly, to get the job. Lilly claimed that she only wanted the job so she could get into the fathers pants.

"You can't get into his pants. He just had got married and had a baby!" My friend Alex yelled into Lilly's face. That was when Alex and my other friends insisted that I try to get the job.

I stand from the chair and walk to the door. Man, this room is cold! The door flings open and I jump back in horror.

"Woah, i'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was still in here!" The guy who opened the door says. I take a minute to take in his features. Brown hair with blonde in it frames his face down to his ears, and his bright blue eyes are pouring into mine.

"Are you okay? Did I hit you with the door?" He questions. "No, no. I'm fine. Are you Dave?" I ask him. His features change from worried to suspicious. "Yeah, how did you know?" He asks. I chuckle and silently praise his wife for being so right.

"Your wife told me to tell you that I am supposed to ride home with you." I tell him, slightly embarrassed. I can see his face getting red, probably because I am blushing so much.