Chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. "Hello?" I say into the reciever. If I sound half as bad as I feel, they will know something is up. "Hey, Nicole, it's Thomas." The person on the other line says. Thomas. Ex boyfriend. "Um,hey." I say as quietly as possible and untangle myself from Dave's long legs.

"Look, I just wanted to tell you that I miss you and want to talk to you more." He says from the other end of the line. My heart nearly flys through my chest and out the window.

"I'm sorry, I thought we broke up for a reason? You have always been so obsessive and I really don't want to talk to you anymore. I have a boyfriend now and I want you to leave me alone." I tell him and end the call.

Dave stirs on the bed and I look at the pile of clothes beside the bed. My black jeans are laying on the bottom, along with my red flannel shirt and boots. His eyes slowly open and a smile spreads across his face.

"You look beautiful." He says and I look down at myself. I am standing in nothing but my bra and panties, and one yellow sock. "Thank you." I tell him and lay back down beside him. He throws his arm around me and puts his face in my neck.

"I am so glad we found each other. I haven't been this happy in years." He whispers into my neck. I involuntarily jerk at the vibration his words cause. "I am glad I found you." I tell him and pin him down on the bed. "Now it is time for me to teach you a thing or two I picked up at summer camp."

-A Little While Later-

I lay beside Dave in the bed and twirl my hair around my finger. He is texting his lawyer and trying to get a restraining order on Maria. "Don't you think that you should go up there and fill out a 50B form?" I ask him. He looks up at me like I am from another planet.

"Do you know how much time that would take away from my time with you? You have to go home soon and I want to spend every waking moment with you as possible." He says and returns to his texts.

I roll my eyes and lay my head on his chest. He looks down at me and smiles. "You are so beautiful." He whispers and runs his fingers through my hair. I close my eyes and focus on his fingers.

"You say that all the time, yet I still don't believe you." I tell him and run my index finger down his stomach, stopping just above his boxers.

"You are the most beautiful person I have ever met. You are beautiful on the inside and outside." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Did you read that out of a book or something?" I ask, smiling up at him. "Maybe, maybe not. You will never know." He says and lightly pushes me off of him to stand up.

"You have to go home." He says. I am confused and a bit hard, until I realize what time it is. "Fuck. Thanks for reminding me babe." I tell him and roll off of the bed.

"What am I here for?" He says smiling and wraps me in a hug. "I don't want you to worry, okay? I will handle everything. You won't get into trouble." He says into my hair and releases me.

I gather my clothes and get dressed as he gathers my phone and a bag from underneath the bed. "What is that?" ask, pulling my shirt over my head. "It is something for you. I got it this morning when you left for class." He replies and sits it on the bed.

"Do you want me to open it now?" I ask and walk to the bed. "No. Open it when you get home." He says, a bit sternly at first."Okay.." I trail off and pick up the bag and my phone.

"I am serious, don't open it until you get home and you are in your room." He tells me. I nod and kiss him goodbye. "I love you." He says. My heart flutters at the use of the word.

"I love you, too." I tell him and kiss his cheek. He follows me down the hallway and down the stairs, then down the other hallway and out to my car. I get in my car and start it, waving goodbye.