Chapter 2

I wake up with his arms wrapped around my waist and his face burried in my chest. "Dave, wake up." I whisper and shake his shoulder. "Hmmmm" He groans and tightens his grip. "Dave, wake up. You have to get inside." I tell him.

His eyes flutter open and I kiss his forehead. We are still on the barn floor and my back is killing me. "You have to go inside before she comes looking for you." I tell him and scramble off of the floor.

"Goodmorning to you, too." He groans and pushes himself off of the floor. "It is almost five in the morning and she gets up at six." I tell him. He places his hands on my hips and lifts me to his chest.

"You will always be too good for me." He whispers. What? "Don't say that, baby. I am not too good for you!" I tell him sternly, and failing by laughing at the end. "You are so perfect, and I am cheating on my wife with a minor." He says, his head on my shoulder.

He is still holding me, my legs wrapped around his waist. I push his head off of my shoulder and stare into his eyes coldly. "What do you mean by that?" I ask him angrily. He looks surprised at my sudden burst of energy and I really want to just go home.

"I didn't mean it like that and you know I didn't." He says. I wiggle out of his grip and fall to the floor. My butt hits the floor pretty hard and I gasp at the impact. "Are you okay?" He asks, grabbing my hands and pulling me to my feet.

"I am fine. I really should be going, your wife will be waiting." I tell him and stomp to the barn door. My butt stings from the fall, but I ignore it and stalk to my car, hidden at the end of the driveway. "Morning Miss." The gardener says.

I flash him a nice smile and wave, not thinking about how bad I look from sleeping on a barn floor. My brain reels with scenarios that would involve him telling Maria about me leaving the house at 5am.

I dig my keys from my pocket and unlock the doors. There is a large boquet of lillies and lilacs sitting on the drivers seat. A gasp escapes my mouth and I lift them off the seat.

They are beautiful. "Do you like them?" A voice calls from behind me. I turn on my heel and come face to face with Dave. "You scared the shit out of me!" I lightly smack his shoulder.

"But yes, I love them." I tell him with a smile. He leans in for a kiss and I fall back into my car. "What are you doing? The gardener is right there!" I whisper feircely to him.

"Him? He is nothing. He can't even stand the woman."Dave says, rudely speaking of his wife and gardener.

"Well I have to get going, unlike some people I have class to get to." I tell him and slide into my car.

"Look, i'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." He says and takes my hand. "I know, but I want this on the down low. I don't want anyone to know, at all. Okay? Just us." I tell him and start my car.

"I really have to go." I tell him. He shuts my door and smiles. "Stop by after school? She will be at work until 5." He asks hopefully. "Yeah, but only for a little while. I have so much work to do for my SAT's." I tell him.

"SAT's? You are only in 11th grade?" He says confusedly. Stupid men. "They have changed things since you were in school grandpa. We have to take them in 11th now." I am getting annoyed at his lack of paying attention.

"Oh I remember you telling me about that. I'm sorry babe, I have so much stuff to figure out and deal with lately." He apologizes. "Don't worry about it. I just really have to go. Bye!" I say and begin to pull away.

He waves and I watch as he turns to go back up the driveway. If he doesn't leave his wife soon, I am gonna go crazy. Sneaking around like this is absolutely ridiculous.