VI.

Clara's PoV:

“What in the world is happening outside?” I muttered while craning my neck outside to see what's happening. I saw Lovi and Alfred glaring daggers at each other, looks like the mood sensing thing works well. Thanks Kiku. I went towards them with a fuming expression.

“Oh,C-Clara! Hi” the two said in unison. Then they went back at glaring at each other.

“Alfred, Lovi, can you please stop your childish fights? I mean nakakaloka naman kung palagi na lang kayong nag aaway di ba?”

“I'm sorry.”Lovino said with a  sad expression.

“What?! That's my line!” Alfred protested.

I looked at Alfred with a raised eyebrow and sighed.“Well I guess you two should settle this once and for all. So, let's come inside. The children are waiting for us.” I said  gesturing them inside. The two didn't stopped glaring at each other and I can feel that they're not settling it down.

“Ate Clara?” Feli called while pulling the hem of my dress lightly. I smiled and lowered myself to his eye level and asked.
“What is it Feli?”

“I was just wondering. If you could come and play with us again tommorow?”

I ruffled his hair and said “ Yeah, sure why not? I mean I have tons of fun stuff for us to play.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, totally!”

“Grazie, sorella!” He said while beaming brightly. I stood up and dusted myself and proceeded in front.

“Okay guys! Who's up for some snack!” I asked. All of the children raised their hands with excitement in their faces especially Feli . His eyes light up when he heard the word 'snack'.

I giggled and proceeded to the kitchen and got the tray of multi colored kutsinta with desicated coconut and melted yema .

The children swarmed at the tray with curious eyes.

“Ate Clara what's this?” a kid asked with curiosity.

“Oh this? This is Kutsinta! This is a famous delicacy in my place. You should try it with desicated coconut and yema.”

“What's yema?” Alfred and Lovi said in unison.

“Stop copying me Jones.” Lovi muttered.

“Geez, you two are starting to be in freaky.”
I giggled and explained it to them.

“Yema is a Filipino sweet treat that has condensed milk, and brown sugar. While,Kutsinta is a glutinous rice cake that resembles a mochi. Here, try it.” I handed them a Kutsinta topped with melted yema and desicated coconut. At first the two were hesitant, but they soon took a bite and ended up eating the whole thing.

“Wow! That's delicious and sweet!” Lovi exclaimed with a surprised expression.

“WOWIT'SSOYUMMYOMAHGAWDICAN'TEXPLAINTHETASTEANDHAPPINESSINMYMOUTH!!!” Alfred said exaggeratedly.

“Woah slow down! I know my cooking skills are stellar but that's too much!” I said with a smug look on my face.

“Hey Ms. Mango, don't be so cocky. Your sweets are only second to mine.” Lovi chuckled.

“Yeah right boy-tomato.” I giggled and pointed the tip of his nose. He blushed and turned away his eyes. I turned my gaze at the children who are eating and enjoying  the treats. I smiled at the sight of them eating happily—just like the kids back home. They're very upset when they knew that I'm leaving. They even clung on my legs when I said that I was going abroad.