Sick Day

The crunch of the cereal was the only sound I was hearing. After I finished my quick breakfast I headed to the office. Strange, I didn't see Alex in his usual spot in the kitchen this morning and it's not like I woke up earlier than usual. Oh well, I guess it's for the best that I don't see him.

As I arrive in the office, Katie greets me as usual. "Good morning Ana."

I smile. "Good morning."

She raised an eyebrow. "You seem like your in a better mood today."

I let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, I'm sorry I was moody towards you yesterday."

She smiled. "We all have those days. By the way, Mr. Bentley won't be coming in today, but I'm sure you already know."

My brows furrow. "No, I didn't know."

"Yeah I don't know why, he just said he wouldn't be coming in today."

I nod. Odd. "We'll okay then, I guess I'll try to pick up some of the slack."

"I'm sure he would appreciate it Ana."

I plant myself in the office and reschedule all of Alex's appointments. It consisted a lot of typing and calling. I worked through lunch mainly because I wasn't hungry. It was about eight when I decided to go home. I've accomplished enough for today. Katie had already gone and the lights were now dim.

I patiently wait for the elevator.

"Hey," I hear a voice behind.

I glance back and see Grayson. "Hi."

"How are you?"

"Fine," I state.

"Your still mad," Grayson said stating the obvious.

I sigh. "I'm not mad. I guess I'm just disappointed."

"Oh man, that's even worse."

I shrug.

"Can you please forgive me?" Grayson asked softly.

"It'll take some time Grayson."

"I understand."

We both step inside the elevator and make our way down in silence. It was definitely awkward.

"Do you need a ride?" Grayson asked.

I look at him. "I think I'll just take a cab home."

He nods. "Have a nice night."

"You too," I reply. With that I left and hopped in a cab. I was beyond tired.

The elevator doors slid open revealing a dim setting. So excited to sleep. I trudge myself up the stairs and see Alex's door cracked open. Should I ask why he didn't come to work today? Curiosity got the better of me because I opened his door. What the hell? There laid Alex sleeping with a huge thick duvet up to his neck. He looked like a burrito. His cheeks had a pink tint to them and his lips were parted slightly. The back of my hand involuntarily moved to his forehead. He was a little warm but I doubt he had a fever. I warned him that he would get sick. I shook my head. Too bad for him. Should I help him? No, let him suffer. As I made my way to the door I stopped and glanced back at Alex.