Sisters by Chance?

"Vivian, This is my fiancé, Anastasia," Alex introduced.

She didn't gesture for a handshake which was fine by me. "It's nice to meet you."

She smiled at me with her pink lips. You could tell it was forced. "Likewise."

"Wow, I can't believe my ace is getting married," Vivian started talking to Alex again.

My ace? What kind of nickname is that?

"What can I say? I've found that special one," Alex smiled at me.

I smiled back wanting to know who this woman was. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was an ex-girlfriend or something. But who in the world is that friendly to their ex? She definitely looked the part with her perfectly curled blonde hair and almond shaped blue eyes. Alex seemed to have a thing for blondes. Vivian was almost as tall as Alex, maybe a couple inches shorter.

"I'm happy for you. One day, I hope to find my Prince Charming."

"You will V," Alex encouraged.

"We should catch up over dinner sometime," Vivian suggested.

"Definitely."

"I'll call you," Vivian waved and walked away.

I'm not jealous. Totally cool. I was waiting for Alex to tell me how he was associated with Vivian but he never did. I planned to ask him about her when we were back in the limo. I was already exhausted. 

As the limo drove, I got ready to ask my question. "So how do you know Vivian?"

"We've been friends since we were little."

Childhood friends. I was glad to hear she wasn't an ex-girlfriend but maybe childhood friends was worse. "Must be a strong friendship."

"Yeah, she's a really good friend."

"You guys didn't date?"

"No way, she's like a sister to me."

That made me feel better. But did she fee the same way about him? Alex pulled me closer to him. Being with Alex felt too good to be true. My eyes couldn't stay open any longer.

I woke up in my bed the next morning with period cramps. Oh joy. I took a hot shower and it made my stomach feel a little better. I opted for a pair of black flats today instead of heels. Today, I wore a black and white long sleeved dress.

Alex and I arrived at the office as usual and again, he asked me to work in his office. Today, I wasn't distracted by his presence because I was to focused on the pain in my stomach.

I received a text from Simone.

Simone: Hey want to meet up for lunch? :)

Me: Okay, where?

Simone: I'll have lunch brought up to my office.

Me: Sounds good. I'll be over at 12.

Simone: See you then!

"Who were you texting?" Alex asked.

"Simone, she invited me for lunch."

Alex nodded. "I'll have a car for you by lunch."

I smile at him. "Okay, thanks."

Lunch rolled around quick. I packed my purse and readied myself. My stomach cramps had lessened but not by much. "I'll see you later Alex," I said as I walked to the door.

"Wait a sec."

I turn back to look at him. "Yeah?"

"Where's my goodbye kiss?" Alex asked playfully.