CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

<<Nine years later>>

<<Niall's POV>>

I looked over on my art work. I mean, well, I love to do art, but I'm not really good at it. It was just that I always loved to doodle in my notebooks and do fingerpainting and such like that. But I think that this is actually rather decent. 

It was a person under falling leaves, there was a green pasture and a little white house in the back

It was a person under falling leaves, there was a green pasture and a little white house in the back. I was still a beginner, but I mean, everybody's got to start somewhere, right? I had my painting in my car. I drove to school, a bit earlier than usual.

That's because there was the art show today. Anybody can submit any works, and they will be posted on the school wall. I looked and saw that there weren't many people in the school. Good, I didn't want anybody to know that this was mine. I planned on showing this anonymously, I didn't sign my artwork, and I wanted to see people's reactions, so if I was actually good or not. I slipped into the art room.

"Hey! Good morning!" I greeted. The teacher, Ms. Metro, was on her computer, grading some artwork and sipping a cup of coffee.

"Hello Niall, are you here for the art show or to turn in yesterday's art prompt?" She asked. I was one of her students, and thankfully, she doesn't grade on how realistic our works were.

"For the art show!" I said. I put my painting on her desk and took off the old blanket that I had over it to hide it.

"Oh, that's, um, very colourful! Reminds me of Van Gogh!" She cheered. "I love the shades of blue and black in the background!"

"Thank you!" I chriped. "But can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Sure, what do you need?" She asked, taking a sip of her black coffee.

"Just don't put my name on it, I know that you put names under the work, but please don't for me." I asked. "I want it to be anonymous." I requested.

"Oh yeah, of course!" She replied. "I'll put them up, you're actually the first to submit anything." She said. "After lunch today, which is my break, I'll have them all put up!" She smiled.

"Oh, okay, thank you Ms. Metro!" I thanked.

"You're welcome, darling!" She replied. "Thanks for submitting something!"

I went out to the gym to exercise. Only about seven or eight hours and I'll ask Liam how he thinks. I got out my phone. It was still a half hour till he normally comes. Just enough time to get in some squats and bench presses and shower, since I didn't last night. The lacrosse team was there, warming up.

<<Twenty minutes later>>

I checked my phone. It was almost time. I went into the shower and showered. Then I came out and dried off and went to go and meet Liam. Liam's car was having issues, so he was having to take the bus today. Along with the rest of everybody, Liam came in. He was wearing a jacket. It was only September, and it was only fall, but temperatures were only about fifty degrees fahrenheit. We lived in Mayfield, a small city in the subset of Cleveland, Ohio.