A Teenage Dream Ch.2 Threats

Ch.2

When I looked at him, my heart stopped for a second. He had a caramel complexion with super short, black, curly hair which pretty much stuck to his head.

"Whoa! Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. It's just that Jake dared me and all and my bad."

He surprisingly spoke really quickly. He picked my purse and offered it to me.

"Sorry, my name is Darren" he said. I just nodded and looked over to see Jake, Cole, Emanuel, and Willy laughing. Now, that made me really angry! How dare they laugh at me? Jake started this in the first place! I was furious! I looked at Jake blankly and said

"Jake,"

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"If you laugh at me ONE MORE TIME, I will smack you!"

"Okaayy. Let's calm down here." The boys responded to this with another laugh.

"That goes for all of you." I threatened. Emanuel couldn't hold it in any longer and he started cracking up. His laugh made Cole laugh which made Willy laugh. Jake, Darren, and the girls were just smiling. I rolled my eyes. They're so immature. Delilah came up to Willy and said

"Willy, you know better than to laugh at a girl when she's angry!" just for that I'm not talking to you!"

"What? I'm sorry!" Willy said with a smile, following her.

"What's your name?" Darren asked me.

"Adeline. But you can call me Addie."

"Addie, Addie" he said. "I'll try to remember that."

Willy had chocolate colored skin with super short curly (-ish) hair. Cole had medium length dark brown hair with pale skin. Emanuel had long black hair up to his chin (he kind of looked like Chris Drew Ingle) and a tan complexion. Jake had short light brown hair with a tan, soft-featured face. We went browsing in the mall and luckily the rest of the day didn't involve them laughing at me.

A Few Weeks Later....

Today is the first day of high school. My older sister is driving me. She's 21. My new high school is called West River Prep. The curriculum is advanced over there. When I was little, my sister would tell me about West River Prep because she went there too. My sister said that even the jocks and popular girls are nerds. I imagined the cool guys and girls wearing nerd glasses and carrying a lot of books. This would always make me laugh, but I had never imagined that I would be one of them.

An Hour Later....

Ok, so far everything is going great. My friends and I almost have every class together so that's pretty good. But now I'm going to math. None of the girls or the guys are in that class with me so that sucks. I was walking straight (preoccupied) with my books in my hands when some guy walking in front of me stopped to tie his shoe. I was going to walk around him when he quickly got up and checked his watch with his leg sticking out ever so slightly. I was walking too fast to stop. I tripped over his leg. My books went flying.

Luckily, he stopped me from falling. I felt his hands around my waist. My hands automatically landed themselves on his arms. I could smell his cologne. It made my nose tingle, but in a good way. He just smelled So good. Since he was a little bit taller than me, I could feel his cheek almost touching my forehead. His cheek was so soft that I got a funny feeling in my stomach. I wished that we could just stand like that forever.

Just then this kid came running and accidentally bumped into me. I then realized that I didn't know who I had been standing with. I could feel us falling. I realized that I would land on top of this guy and that his head would probably hit the floor pretty hard. Whoever he was, I didn't want him to get hurt and possibly even bleed. I put my hands at the back of his head so that my hands would receive the pressure. As we were falling I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. I heard a familiar voice

"Hey, Addie" When I opened my eyes, I was on top of the amazingly cute boy and staring into his eyes.

"Darren?"