A Teenage Dream Ch.8 I Play A Game Of Eenie Meenie

Ch.8

I opened my eyes and saw.......what? I was in a totally different place. I looked around. It seemed like I was in a volcano. I was standing on a long platform that was covered in glass. There was lava beneath the platform. I looked down to see my reflection. I was wearing a striped top onesie dress with grey slouchy ring boots. My dress was striped black and white up to my ribs. The rest of the way, it was black and ended two inches above my knees. My hair was pinned back in ringlets. Even though you'd expect it to be extremely hot, it was just the opposite. I looked in front of me and saw that I wasn't alone.

Darren and Jake were on different platforms in different directions. Darren was on my left and Jake was on my right. They were both holding red roses.

"Darren! Jake! What happened?" I screamed. They leaned forward and tried to hear what I was saying. It was no use. They were too far away. All of a sudden, two paths appeared from my platform. One went toward Darren and one went toward Jake.

"Pick one!" a deep voice said.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked.

"You can only choose one path. Now decide!" the deep voice harshly replied.

"Who are you?" I shouted, looking up.

"That's not important!" he yelled. But it could have been a she for all I knew.

I looked at Darren and then at Jake. They both looked hurt but a little hopeful. I looked at Jake and saw that there was a ring of rope securely around his neck. Darren had the same thing around him. I realized that if I picked one, the other would die. They depended on me, on my loyalty. My instincts told me to run to Darren, but I thought about Jake. My friend, my loyal friend who I did have feelings for, but I rejected him. I still couldn't turn my back on him. He was always there for me, but what about Darren? I loved him. He always had my back. He always tried to make things right even after he messed up.

I was confused. Suddenly, Darren's and Jake's platforms connected at the ends to make one long platform. I could go through the middle and save them both. I thought happily. But how would I walk on the lava. I would burn. Only their platforms had connected, not the paths. Then, as if they could read my mind, stepping stones appeared on the lava. I started making my way towards the connected platform. The temperature started to rise. The stones were burning my feet. The lava had lowered and the glass from the platforms shattered to reveal the dirt and rock. Once I reached them both, I hugged them.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." I assured.

Suddenly, the ropes picked tem up around the necks and started rising them. They backed them up so that they were hanging on above the lava.

"No! Stop! You'll kill them!" I yelled. I tried to reach them, but they were too high.

"Okay." the voice replied and dropped them.

"No!!!!" I screamed and lunged toward them. I fell on the ground but I was able to grab their hands.

"You chose the wrong path, Adeline Rivers." the deep voice said. I dug my shoes into the soft dirt and made my grip. I lifted one foot and stretched back to grab on to more dirt so that I could pull them up. I wiggled my body back so that they would be nearer the edge. The ground was getting hot and my arms were getting tired.

I heard someone walk up behind me.

"Please help me. Please!" I said.

"No problem sweetheart." I heard a familiar voice say but I was too busy to look back.

"But sweetheart, you never called me after you finished dancing." the familiar voice said. I got chills when I realized who it was. I looked back to see the cute boy who was hitting on me before.