A Teenage Dream Ch.3 Unnecessary

Ch.3

"Thanks for saving my head. Otherwise, who knows, my brain would have been lying on the floor outside of my head." Darren said.

"It's okay," I said with a smile. "But I just have one question. Are you like out to trip me or something?" He smiled and replied

"Are you like out to be tripped by me or something?" I blushed from embarrassment. I probably sounded so stupid! He could tell what I was thinking because his face grew apologetic.

"Hey, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." I said cutting him off.

I got up off him and started picking up my books when I felt his soft hands grabs my books for me. I turned around and looked at him.

"It was my fault. I'm sorry. The least I can do is walk you to your next class." I started to say that he didn't have to when he cut me off.

"You don't have to tell me that I don't have to because I kind of have to and I want to. So I will walk you to your next class. Okay?" I just nodded my head in shock. He was very determined. I liked determined.

"What's your next class?"

"I'm going to math, room 202."

"Perfect. That's my next class too." We started walking towards the math room. He told me about himself. Turns out he's Latino. The walk was actually kind of nice.

Lunch Time.......

I grabbed a tray and started scanning through the lunch options. Since I'm a vegetarian, the only appetizing choice was the salad, so I grabbed that and an apple and heading for the table my friends had chosen. They had picked a bright orange table in the corner. I found an empty seat between Cole and Emanuel, so I slid in. Darren came up and told Emanuel to scoot over.

"No."

"Seriously, dude, come on."

"Seriously, dude, no. She's my best friend."

"Wait, I thought she was my best friend!" Cole said.

"She's definitely my best friend" Willy said.

"Dude she's our best friend, you can't steal her." Jake said jokingly.

"Oh wait, you're not trying to make her your best friend, your trying to make her your girlfriend!" The guys starting laughing and high-fiving each other. I blushed feverishly. Darren looked embarrassed and angry at the same time. The girls gave me sympathetic looks and Angie even mouthed the words "it's okay".

"Dude we were just messin' with you." Jake said. Darren nodded and sat down next to me. I was too embarrassed to look at him. Just then Julie came and sat down.

All of a sudden I saw a French fry being flinged. Then someone yelled out "FOOD FIGHT" and the lunchroom went chaotic. Before I understand what was happening, Darren grabbed my hand and pulled me under the table.

"When I say "run", I want you to run with me as fast as you can to that door." He was talking to me calmly which made me feel like a little kid. But it also showed that he was gentle. I like nice guys.

"Run!" I focused my attention back to the food fight. He firmly held on to my hand and led both of us to the nearest exit.

"Do you want to walk around?" he asked.

"Sure."

We walked up and down the hallway in silence but occasionally commented about something. I realized that he was still holding my hand, but I didn't want to let go.

"I have to get a drink of water." I said. He nodded and released my hand. I was walking to the water fountain when I saw Dr. Angus N. Noying.

"Well, well what do we have here? You two are supposed to be at lunch. You leave me no choice but to give you detention."

"Dr.Noying, she had just asked permission to get a drink of water." Darren said in my defense.

"So then I will have to give you a detention because you didn't ask permission."

"But I-"

"No buts Mr. Walker. I will see you in room 313 after school for detention. Correct? "

"Yes." He replied. Dr. Noying went inside the lunchroom to stop the chaos going on in there. I ran up to Darren,

"You didn't have to do that for me!"

"It's okay, I'll be fine." he said and gave me a goofy smile.

After School and Detention is over.....

I'm waiting for Darren because I feel so bad about what happened. What he did was incredibly sweet. I don't know why he did that. Then, I see Darren walk outside along with everyone else who was involved in the food fight. He looks surprised and a little happy to see me.

"Tell me why you defended me and I'm not leaving without an answer." I said with my hands on my hips.

"Well my parents don't really care what I do with my life and I'm guessing that your parents would be VERY angry." That last part made me smile probably because it was kind of true.

"Thank you. I really mean it. You like saved my life now that I think about it."

"The crew planned an outing for Saturday at the park. Are you coming?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I will."

2 Weeks Later.....

Things are going pretty great. The outing to the park was fun. We've also gone other places too. I've gotten to know Darren a lot and things seem perfect. You know, once when I wore this pink 3/4th sleeve striped cardigan, he said that I looked pretty and that pink was my color. That's interesting, very interesting.

5 Days Later.....

I think I'm falling in love with Darren!!!! He's nice, smart, funny (and cute). I have to tell someone! Tomorrow I'll call the girls for a meeting at the mall and tell them the news. But right now, I'm going to go to bed.

Good Night.