Custody?

Custody, custody, custody. You kept a happy face and spoke "Yes, what about?" Shifting your weight, you gulped a slight bit.

"Your mother called me today." He looked a bit serious. Your face then went from a happy one to one that could be considered a worried or confused one. 

"Y-yes, and?" You inquired, still curious as to what he would say.

"She has... Well, dear, she's moved. Not just houses, but she moved a few states away." He smiled kindly, but you smiled in disbelief.

"Ahaha... you're joking.. right Mr. Pheles?" You didn't believe it. You couldn't and you wouldn't. You and your mom had been at each-others throats, but you didn't think it was bad enought for her to just leave you behind. She wouldn't... You weren't even her only child. You had 2 brothers and a sister. Did she leave only you behind? Were you that terrible?

"Unfortunately, I am not joking. She gave me a note and your teacher some papers. He and I have to sign them, and you will be staying with him for a little bit." As he spoke, your face looked broken. You wouldn't be able to see your family anymore. You didn't have anything but the clothes on your back and whatever was in your backpack. 

"Th-....Thank you." You hurried out of his office and walked back to class. For the rest of the day, you had your head on your desk. You never wanted to do anything again

((That one was pretty short too, but I'm thinking of limiting every chapter to about 240-300 words per chapter, yeah? Gud. Gud stuff. Gud goals.*Whispers* I don't know why you're still reading this....also. It's free real estate.))