Connections

I continue writing notes down, possible situations as I continue looking at the board. Seeing I have an email as I click on to it.

"Great"

I whisper as she walks over, looking at my screen, her hand on the back of my chair as she leans over looking.

"Is this the enhanced footage?"

"Yeah"

"He clearly knew there could of been CCTV around, he tilts his head down throughout the footage"

"Just surprised how no one saw him"

I lean back into my seat as she leans against my desk.

"Ok so the CCTV can't help us.. But we still have other things"

"Well yeah but..I was hoping the CCTV would help even if we could see a bit of his face"

I brush my fingers through my hair, resting my hand under my chin as I stare at the screen.

"Hey?"

She rests her hand on my knee as I look at her.

"It's fine, we don't need that CCTV footage.. Yeah it would of been easier if the footage was useful but, life isn't that easy. The guy who sent it, he probably knew we wouldn't be able to find this guy.. But he sent it anyway. We need to track him"

I get up, brushing past her as I put the anonymous guy on the board near the top.

"I bet we won't find him"

"Stop being so negative"

She walks in front as we remain eye contact.

"Well sorry but-"

"We will find this guy, ok?"

I nod, looking away; placing my hands beside my waist.

"It's gonna be okay"

She returns her hands on my shoulder as I look at her, watching as her eyes go to my lips as she nervously let's go, walking back to her desk.

"We should be finishing up soon"

I look at the time then to the board.

"I'm gonna stay and find some resources to track this guy down"

"We can do that in the morning.."

"Yeah I know we can but-"

"But nothing. I can help find this guy with you but not at a time where I could be home"

I nod as I turn, seeing her put stuff into her bag.

"However.."

I hear her say as I put my bag on my shoulder.

"Yes?"

"We could go for a drink?"

"I mean.. We are driving"

"Yeah but one drink won't hurt"
.....................................................................
"Come on Frankz, just one drink. Its not gonna hurt anyone is it? We've been sat in this office all day. Pleaseee"

"Fine. But only one, and I mean it"

- He always drank more than one -
.....................................................................
"Alright.. Fine"

She smiles, putting her bag on her shoulder. We walk out as I lock the door, walking to the lift, standing next to. Feeling her breathing a little heavy as I watch her hold her hands nervously. We exit the lift, going to our cars meeting her at a pub, parking into a spot as I get out. Bringing my bag. I walk inside, seeing her sitting at the bar, playing with her hair as I walk, sitting next to her slightly opposite.