The Case

We went back to the office after break. I continue to look at the board, writing bits down.

"So I found the work place he went too, guess we should check it out tomorrow?"

I look at the time noticing it's nearly time to call it a day.

"Yeah that's fine, they might be closed now anyway"

"Possibly, so what are your plans after?"

I turn around in my chair watching her putting the stuff back into the file.

"Well I usually stay for a while"

"You do? Do I need to as well?"

"No, no you can go home Im just weird i guess"

She smiles a little, packing her stuff into her bag.

"Bit of a workaholic?"

I look at the board.

"I guess you could call it that"

"Well here"

She walks over, writing something down as she gives it to me to which I slowly take it off her.

"If you need help then call me. I am your partner after all"
..................................................................
"What have I told you? You can't keep doing this on your own"

"I'm not I just like to get somewhere with it so then at least we have some progress"

"Yeah I get that but you don't need to do it all night, on your own when I can help. I am your partner after all"

- He never really liked me working on things by myself, he seemed quite protective of that. Not entirely sure why but he stayed. Even if I didn't want him to -
..................................................................

"You space out quite a lot don't you?"

"What? No I'm just-"

"Thinking, right?"

I smile as she laughs, putting her bag on her arm.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow unless you need any help then I could see you later"

I nod turning back to the board.

"Alright, see you"

I hear her walk out as the door closes, I label the pictures from A - Z, writing a bit about them as I place then near the pictures. Remembering the CCTV as I contact an old friend whether he would be able to hack into them.

4 hours pass by as I'm sitting against the desk on the floor, notes around me as I look at them. I rest my hands against my face, rubbing my eyes as I hear my door open.

"Frankie?"

I hear Harper as I get up, picking up the notes as I put them on my table.

"Hey.. What are you doing back?"

I watch her look at the board then too me.

"Came to see if you were alright I suppose"

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you"

I turn back to the wall as she stands next to me.

"Wow, you've been busy"

I laugh as i slightly look at her.

"We still need to wait on the CCTV footage and access to the autopsy of his body"

"Don't forget the place Callum worked at and other things"